Dekoni blue vs argon mk3

Believe it or not you can find them secondhand quite regularly, no need to wait 3 months if you really want a pair.

Also true, I had got mine when there were not as many floating around

I was curious, so here’s the inside of the Blue. Looks like they just put some foam over the port slots.

1 Like

idk, how reliable are used headphones. I hate to get a pair that have lost some of their sound because of usage and think they have a sound i dont like.

Also these are going on my head, my ears, isnt it kinda gross to use someone else’s? I guess i could get new pads or i could use these:

lol

Getting new pads is always an option. I don’t know if the covers would be a good long term option lol

Personally if I buy used I would get new pads if they are a fabric material, but if they are leather or pleather I would just clean them well

When I went to RMAF Zeos had the Argon and Dekoni had the Blue. I tried both sets a few times and purchased the Blue. They were both comfortable with great detail, nice imaging and luscious bass. I would have been perfectly happy with either of them and I didn’t think the extra money and lengthy waiting period made the Argon worth it.

Obviously, this was a terrible arrangement to make a critical comparison but you’re not going to A/B these headsets side-by-side every day to confirm your decision, either.

2 Likes

Yeah, the wait was brutal for me as I am very impatient lol, would rather not do that again

I’ve been watching Z’s fostex reveiws. The TS40RP’s look good i’m also thinking about the TS60RP’s and the Massdrop TR-X00 Mahogany look pretty good too.

Which is the best soundwise?

The t60rp is better then the t40rp imo. I actually would prefer the tr-x00 unless you want a more neutral sound, then go with the t60rp or t40rp

why? what do the tr-x00 sound like?

They are more v shaped. I really enjoy the fostex biodynamic, but some may not prefer the slightly dipped mids. The t60rp is essentially a fostex mod of a t50rp, which is more of an even response. Also the tr-x00 has a more organic bass response, while the t60rp has a quicker response. Also the tr-x00 is a fair bit easier to power properly then the t60rp

I went back and forth between the Fostex and the Dekoni booths at RMAF comparing the Blue and the T60RP. While the T60RP was beautiful (those milled wooden earcups are badass and I much prefer the straight plug), they didn’t have the fun, thick bass of the Dekoni or Argon.

Yeah. The t40 is not the same as an argon or blue. The stock t40 is more geared for studio monitoring. Also the argon’s and blues are t50s which I like more then t40s

Cough I might be a master of Dekoni products Cough
To answer OP the TH900 Dekoni Pads that have the wider opening fit the T50RP/Dekoni Blue although its a bit of a stretch to get them on.

I put the TH900 Pads onto the dekoni blues (shown left). And to the right are the original T50/X00 Pads that come with the headphone. This might be a huge difference on soundstage, It might even make the headphone more open since the original pads follow the small square driver opening.

so which would you guys recommend? the Dekoni blue’s 199$ or the stock t50rp 159$? which sound better? I heard Dekoni had some tuning done besides the pads.

1 Like

Well if it’s between stock and dekoni, the dekoni has better pads and a bit more fun tuning, so I would say dekoni. You can also find them cheaper as well

When I heard both at RMAF, I thought the Dekoni sounded better. There’s definitely some tuning going on. One of the guys at the Dekoni booth who worked on that project confirmed it but wouldn’t reveal the details. The pads are very comfy and you get two sets. I like the blue color but that’s a matter of taste. All in all, definitely worth the extra $50, IMHO.

2 Likes

The Dekoni Blue pads are slightly angled and there is a foam dampening ring around the driver.
You want fun, get the blues. If you want studio monitoring like M50x get the T50rp.

Would the Dekoni Blues be a nice companion to the HD58X?