Dekoni blue vs argon mk3

Damn it. Every time I have my mind set on a headphone this forums keeps changing my mind.
NVM The Fio K5 pro

I think so if you are looking for a more closed set with a more fun tuning. I don’t think they are as refined as the 58x, but they can be pretty fun sounding. Just make sure you have a decent amp

1 Like

From what I’ve observed here, sound taste is subjective as food taste. We all agree liking something, but we all have this one dish that’s better than the rest in our opinion and it’s more to our taste similar to headphones. It differs.
Plus most of the guys here have more than 1 headphones. They may have started from 1 but that didn’t stay for long with urges and deals floating around and their passion.

1 Like

Very true lol, I would assume it’s the majority

1 Like

We need a survey just for fun.

1 Like

Done lol

Anything else I should add?

2 Likes

Driver types and DAC/AMPs

Thank you! I created an account just so I could drop in and say I appreciate this response. I’ve been looking everywhere tying to decided if I should bet base T50RPs or the Dekoni Blues and this finally sold me on Blues. Plus if I end up not liking the pads I can always get the Shure pads everyone seems to enjoy.

1 Like

Enjoy them. Eventually I went with Shure 1540 pads on them and am really liking the sound. What amp are you using? They still are occasionally a tad sharp when run through my SP200. But, the Liquid Spark seems to have a pretty good combo of power and laid-back treble for them. I’m actually using that combo as I write this because the Blues are my most closed desktop headphone right now and we’re all at home due to office and school closures.

2 Likes

I was borrowing a Schiit Heresy and DT 770 250 ohm from my cousin and I ordered my own since I liked it (on the way as we speak). I was really torn between the Heresy and the Liquid Spark but since I had a Heresy to test and I liked it, I figured I’d stick with what I had experienced.

I’m both excited and terrified because I have 598 HDs that are my daily drivers and I feel like these are going to be a huge change for me.

1 Like

The heresy is pretty sweet, plenty of power on tap to give the blues what they want :+1:

1 Like

Awesome, now I just have to play the waiting game until next Tuesday when they get here. I appreciate the feedback!

The Heresy will serve you well. It will have plenty of power to drive the Blues. The Liquid Spark is the better choice for me because I apparently have a growing treble-sensitivity that I’ve just been learning about recently.

The Blues are gonna have much more bass punch than the 598. My guess is that will be the first thing you notice.

1 Like

If they don’t you might have a defective blue or a golden 598 lol

1 Like

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed on my cousin’s 770’s. I plugged in and was just floored by the response from just my Scarlett Solo. Then I plugged into the amp and I was blown away even further.

I was worried about treble for myself as well, but after spending a decent amount of time with the 770s and liking them, it makes me think I have a fairly high treble tolerance.

Cool. The feed-forward design of the Heresy will give you more of that sparkle then. Happy listening!

1 Like

Will do, thanks again for all the feedback and responses!

So far I love these headphones. Unfortunately the Dekoni angled hybrid pads seem to hurt my ears after long periods of use (they don’t seem to play well with glasses), so I ended up getting some Brainwavz XL microsuede pads with the cooling gel in them and they change the sound a little bit, but not in a bad way imo.

1 Like

This is an old post but how do you think the blues would do with the diy mayflower t50rp kit https://mayflowerelectronics.com/fostex-t50rp-mod-kit/ like not just fit but like how would it tune the headphone

Not sure, haven’t tired that, and don’t really have enough experience modding t50 to really give you an answer here