Desktop/bookshelf Speakers that work well with 40 wpc tube amp

I’ll still see if I can track down the Falcons as well.
Is there anything else you suggest? I might have a track on a dealer in toronto that sells Legacies, Sonus Faber and others

Legacy is pretty nice, some solid stuff. I think sonus faber is a bit overpriced tho imo

I just learned Sonus Faber is a subsidiary of McIntosh So I’m not surprised its overpriced lol

Lol yeah, just something to note, they are becoming more of a lifestyle brand for high end audio

Yeah. I heard their new anniversary Preamp and Biamping Tube/Solidstate stereo amp were kind of a rare return to form though.

I did hear it and it was impressive, but I still don’t think it’s the best value, but I can understand people buying it

Do you have access to any other BBCs? Such as Spendor and Rogers?

I actually do have access to spendor

The spendor classic 3/1 might actually work on a desk for you, although if I recall correctly they have a rear port tho so that might not be ideal for a desk against a wall

Do you know anything about the The Usher Audio SD500?

I do not unfortunately

Dang I see photos of them paired with Tube amps sometimes.

I would suggest to audition some Harbeth P3 40th Anniversary, see how you like them and go from there. Harbeth seem to take very well to tubes.

1 Like

What about the Monitor 20.1?

Those are good and have a more even studio tuning, pretty nice, personally I prefer the p3 but those are solid as well

1 Like

I’ve never heard them, but those Harbeth bookshelfs look sexy AF.

1 Like

The bigger harbeths are even better looking imo (at least they look good with my setup). If you ever get a chance to hear a ls3/5a monitor (a good one) do it, they have excellent mid-range

2 Likes

Has anyone here had a chance to listen to the focal chora or kanta bookshelf speakers?

The chora was nice but nothing stood out to me, the kanta was very impressive. Haven’t heard them on a tube tho

1 Like

The chora is new! Those “slatefiber” drivers look like art pieces