Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

I have not written anywhere that the photo is mine! I liked the picture so I posted it. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. In my opinion the v16 has the most beautiful faceplate. Thieaudio has a talented artist.

1 Like

3 Likes

does Prestige is more sparkly more brighter sound vs mkiii?

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve had my Hype 10 for a few days now and I think I like it better than the Monarch Mk3. The upper treble is so smooth, feels less peaky than the mk3 and I think there’s a bit more ear gain which I prefer.

13 Likes

Welcome to HFGF :beers:. Enjoy the H10, I’m sure it’s a great IEM.

5 Likes

Welcome to hifiguides! Wow I think you’re one of the first to get the Hype10 even among reviewers!
How’s the size compared to the MK3? Similar I’d guess? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m sure LeadFoot can answer it better than me, but from the livestream linsoul had, I screencapped a few shots to compare.

The two first images are MMK3 and H10, front and back. To my eyes (and the person showing them) the H10 looks a tiny bit smaller

You can see the huge difference between H4 and H10 in size

After seeing the graphs and size of both, I ended up ordering the H4 as it graphs almost identical to the MMK3 (which is what I wanted). Seems like H10 has a slightly larger bass shelf and more relaxed mids/treble

5 Likes

They’re almost identical but the Hype 10 is maybe 5% smaller.

3 Likes

From the pics it looks like H10 is a tad longer and leaner

2 Likes

After listening to the Hype 2 and Hype 4 for a couple weeks now. I can definitely say that I actually prefer the Hype 2. They sound very similar, but I find the Hype 2 to have a bit more musicality and a smidge more of the euphonic warmth that I prefer in an IEM with such strong bass. For the money, the Hype 2 is quite impressive. The Hype 4 just comes off as a slightly less warm/euphonic and more expensive Hype 2. Just waiting for the 10 to show up after being forwarded from my house so I can see what it can do…

11 Likes

I have the H2 and can attest to its great musicality. H4 I said would be more reference/monitor set up, and I may have been right, according to what you say. But I guess the H10’s bass will be thunderous. Overall, dudes can’t go wrong with any of these. :wink:

4 Likes

The Hype 4 being less euphonic seems like Thieaudio achieved what they wanted with it.

The Hype 10 is explicitly said to be a fun, musically oriented IEM. Let’s hope that holds up!

7 Likes

Definitely. I can see some folks liking the Hype 4 better because of the tuning style, but overall it’s actually quite similar and I didn’t hear any real increase in technical performance or anything so where the Hype 2 comes off as impressive for the money the Hype 4 kinda ends up in a weird spot where it seems a bit overpriced by comparison. I’m excited to see how the Hype 10 turns out, though.

14 Likes

I think you just saved me some cash sir

4 Likes

Happy to help! LOL

4 Likes

I was really looking at them hard. They were going to be my first iem purchase of 2024 at some point. So it will be nice to look for something different and save some bones if I wanted to get the hype 2. Enjoy more musical stuff :musical_score:

1 Like