DMS on Linus tech tips

880=work abyss=pleasure. That said I work a LOT and the 880 are the perfect workhorse for my office.

2 Likes

Even though I have higher end headphones I use for mastering, I still end up grabbing the 880 sometimes if I feel I will be the most comfortable with it for the job. Just really used to them and there’s really not anything to complain about with them for me

lol you found my mom’s channel. Love that

2 Likes

Out of curiosity what do you use for mastering? Also with what genre/daw/outboard processing?

1 Like

Imma dm them to you since I can’t reveal the secrets (how can I not spell this word) :stuck_out_tongue:

For headphones, I use the D8000 pro, the clear pro, the adx5000, and the Warwick Aperio in main rotation. Then I demo on all the other stuff I have along with a fair amount of consumer gear and stuffs. Along with my main studio speakers

I use mainly 3 daws for mastering (that I also use for vst hosting sometimes lol), that being steinberg wavelab, steinberg cubase, and magix sequoia depending on the project

Will send you the rackmount stuff I have

1 Like

DMS: while you are here could we get some clarity on the HiFi Guides app? I suspect it’s something that you program in rare moments when you have free time. There seems to be a lot more that could be done to flesh it out. And I suspect there are a lot of untapped resources available on this forum if that would be of use. Whether grunt work on assembling product fact and specs or perhaps even actual coding.

2 Likes

I’m just really glad to see you guys do stuff on this forum again.

1 Like

Their budget roundup videos tend to do quite well. So I’d be surprised if they had no interest in doing one. Maybe Linus just doesn’t realize how good the budget class audiophile stuff has become.

Well he probably doesn’t want to get into something that subjective perhaps. With his ultra cheap stuff you really can’t complain or criticize stuff at that price, but a mid range headphone roundup could have the change to receive alot of criticize. But tbh who knows.

I’d suggest not wearing a competitor product during a shoot for another product (especially if you’re being paid). You probably don’t need to be wearing monitors in front of the camera as you’ll be checking all levels after filming as well.

I think it’s a good gig for you. Abyss is a highly regarded product, and I wish you luck on your future endeavors with them.

1 Like

When you are recording, it can be very beneficial to monitor yourself so you maintain a constant speaking level, make sure you are in the right place of the recording, make sure you are being picked up properly, and also make sure your gear isn’t freaking out. But yes, you don’t need to.

It also diminishes the look of production value. The better filmed/recorded content creators seldom wear monitoring headphones in front of the camera. Unless you PewDiePie of course. But that’s his shctick.

I mean I guess, but personally I don’t think so. Although I would never put myself in front of a camera in the first place so I guess I’m most likely the wrong person to comment on this lol

lol, your right, maybe i did take the joke a bit far. i’m a chucklehead who likes to joke around. please excuse me.

thanks for cat pic i love cats myself. its awesome to get to chat with you. ive seen a lot of your videos and they’ve really helped me to make the best decisions for headphones and gear. as well as being fun and entertaining. i’d love to see you participate in these forums more.

1 Like

To be clear, I’m referring to the paid Abyss video (as all of my comments have been in reference to), as I’m not too familiar with his YouTube content. I’ve clicked on a couple of videos but never finished watching them.

you got a really sweet deal with abyss DMS. I wish a awesome audio company would hire me too, and sprinkle me with wonderful audio gear. I watch your videos all the time and they are very informative. i think you’re one of the best reviewers out there. thanks.

I loved how you set linus right. ive seen his audio reviews and he always seems to be oblivious to hi grade audio. like hes saying “ok that was nice, so what?” It was great to see those tears hit his eyes like they’ve done to us so many times.

1 Like

I saw her comment on one of your videos and got curious. Didn’t expect what I’d find. Lol.

So sweet though. Haha.

Thank you! That certainly means a lot to hear and I really appreciate it.

Yeah I don’t wear other headphones in their videos anymore. I use a custom in-ear that’s not visible OR Dianas when making their content now.

2 Likes

Right on. I’d love to listen to either of those, I haven’t heard not one negative comment/review aside from price. Looking forward to what future products they’ll develop. It’s a top tier product, congratulations on your partnership.