DMS on Linus tech tips

Well I mean linus has always shown interest in higher end audio on the side, but it’s kinda been phased out of his channel, and he has also had an anti audiophile attitude so it’s probably pretty surprising for some long time followers to see his reaction towards it. Also I agree that it seemed pretty genuine emotion

1 Like

Linus in this video basically reinforces the fact that listening to your own music that you are really familiar with when you are Demoing audio gear

4 Likes

I hesitate to call people trolls their comments come from a very genuine place. especially when you demo or summit fi gear. and are coming from a place where the best thing you heard is that one $200 corsair headset your cousin uses

Yeah, I’m not going to fault people from being misinformed, but I do get pissed when people knowingly try to attack others in the youtube comments. It’s just more of an argument there than a meaningful discussion

I think it would have been cool if they showed off the “EXTREME” setup… to set expectations, then showed what could be accomplished with relatively MUCH cheaper setup.

“This cost $35k…” basically shuts out 99.9999% of people from ever showing any interested… but if you start there and set expectations… then all of a sudden, a $3k-$5k setup would seem a lot more reasonable.

2 Likes

honestly I see so much more worse crap on facebook audiophile groups cause it’s a bunch of tweakophiles,audio philes, and actual trolls fighting each other

Yeah, headfi is kinda getting that way, reddit is pretty much a circle jerk at this point, and idk what’s going on at sbaf lol

I like reddit personally. it’s no the worst place in the world. and SBAf I just never pay attention to,. head fi reviews are still fun to read but the forum section i just tend to ignore unless it’s about modding those are fun reads.

an extreme audio setup would be a 300 k setup adn a full $150 K of the price is a guy’s renovation expenses for the guy’s listening room

1 Like

I mean I’m sure the price for construction for my studio addition to my house is going to cost me over 50k easily

But I don’t think the cost of an addition to a house counts lol

Also you would be pretty surprised with how many people with ultra high end systems don’t have really any proper room treatment. Sometimes they are in pretty bad conditions

I mean for speakers, I guess… yeah you can spend a million bucks.
It’s all relative.
My point was like MOST people would consider spending a few thousand on a headphone setup ridiculous… But if they played it off as “This is amazing and worth $35k”…
then shifted into “But wait… what if I told you you could have something VERY close to this for a fraction of the cost…” sort of spin on it.

most people still consider spending $200 bucks on a headphone a bit much let a lone a grand.

if you are spending over a $100 on a can it better be bluetooth and ANC for the average consumer to justify the price

His cheap and good videos do super well, just imagine if he included the t2 or blon 03 in there. It would introduce so many people into this hobby. Like a ton. Like more than it could handle lol

2 Likes

for a couple grand that thing better be able to suck my ween is what most people’ would think

2 Likes

Can confirm, it does not lol. Pretty unfortunate

would like him to do cheap and good headphones with cb1’, blon b8’s, m40, retros , k240’s, and so much more, the IEM world even under a hundred is insane right now I would wait for it to stabalize a bit cause jesus too many releases

1 Like

Yeah, I wish iems would slow down as well. Too much effort to keep track of the new releases easily lol

like no wonder everyon is so latched on to t2’s and blons cause the rest of the market is so saturated right now hard to find the good shit unless Z or crinacle deems them good then thats the next thing people latch to

1 Like

I trust crinacle more than others, but idk