DMS on Linus tech tips

Same I trust him the most for IEM reviews my earsand his seem to be a decent match I trusted Bggar for the t3 never again I tried to force myself to enjoy them but really cant without some mods

It absolutely was a commercial for Abyss. That’s an odd pairing, dms and Abyss. Have you guys seen the fitment video on Abyss’ website? dms explains Phi fitment whilst wearing Beyerdynamics! :rofl:

Well, Abyss youtube channel is almost a DMS v2. Lol

1 Like

Pretty sure since he is paid to run it lol. It’s good that they are letting him do things his way (at least it looks to be the case, DMS blink 5 times if they are keeping you captive)

3 Likes

Yeah totally, some really cool stuffs on there as well.

Erm, look what I stumbled upon clicking around. Lol

2 Likes

is she australian? I cant figure out the accent

Who’d of thought that a range hood could work as a light box? :thinking:
Kudos on the creativity. Though it would necessitate a fair amount of color correction.

Wait he works with Abyss in an official capacity now?

I believe so, I think he runs some of their marketing

Hmm… I was really happy to seem him get featured on LTT initially. But now I kinda think he’s a sellout lol

if you work for the company as a legitabmate job I wouldn’t call that selling out
selling out is when you take money from a company to blantantly and completely advertise product.on you review channel

4 Likes

I do agree that he wouldn’t have gotten on ltt without the abyss sponsorship, but that doesn’t mean he is a sellout. He is skilled in video production and editing, and he does marketing material for abyss. He doesn’t hide that and is still passionate about audio as a whole (at least I think lol), and doesn’t really favor abyss too much. I don’t think I would call him a sellout, he’s just working

2 Likes

Yeah I suppose you and RiceGuru are correct. I assume the Abyss relationship isn’t biasing the content he puts on his channel. Although I would still generally argue a professional reviewer of any category of product, should not be employed by a company producing that category of product. But I guess that’s a moot point if DMS considers the YouTube channel more of hobby than a profession.

I think as long as he never reviews anything from Abyss…
Transparency is the most important thing, IMO.

3 Likes

Well, he’s actually quite open the the fact.

He also mentions a couple of times on his videos that he won’t review any Abyss headphones because of this.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned Z should have been on linus… would have been hard to have someone on and then have to edit out his face through the entire video. Or they could have put a deadmau5 mouse cap op Z :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

They have a whole crew… they could have done it and it would have been hilarious. Lmao.

2 Likes

Except it wouldn’t be useful because his face is public (there is an interview vid when they were at rmaf where you can see his face pretty clearly).

1 Like

I wad wondering about thay. I saw when the guy asked to interview him. Any link to the interview?

1 Like