Do you guys not have phones?: What phone are you currently using?

Yeah I also miss the notif lights, for those were convenient to me to know on what type of notification or message that I got, for it immediately gives you an idea.

1 Like

I think you are right, it seems that I could get another phone for the same price with better performance. But I got it at a nice discount and, well, I’m not a demanding user, so I just want nice battery autonomy and a lot of storage space. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that is reasonable, but this is just me, I prefer getting a phone right now that has top-tier performance or at least mid-high performance in order for it to last a long time and keep up with the upcoming releases of phones, adding the factor that technology evolves fast and won’t be surprising that the gadgets that we are using right now would suddenly just become obsolete.

Basically I am one of those phone users who would use his phone for many years before getting a new one within reasonable conditions, such as the phone simply not working anymore or the phone is just too slow that it is unusable.

does anyone here have any experience with the 30x or 100x zoom on the Galaxy S20 / S21 / S22 phones? 100x is a lot more than 30x and the videos of people imaging the moon are pretty awesome, but even the OIS they have doesn’t help make it ‘easy’. wife loves to take photo’s all the time, so thinking of getting her one when the 2 year plan is up for renewal this December.

1 Like

Experience with what?? I have a S21 ultra but i dont know what 100x is. I don’t think my camera can get a closeup of the moon.

Best Buy and Samsung site have the A53 5g for $349.

Probably a good deal but due to the A53 having a weaker processor and have no convenience of having a headphone jack, I would still take the A52S all day for it is still basically the same but has a better processor and has the convenience of having a headphone jack. Though the main gripe I have for it would be its default DAC average in terms of quality but I alleviated that problem with the BTR3K.

I still use the jack when the charge of the BTR3K has ran out of juice so it’s still a plus.

1 Like

@K4sh1ma Yes, I remember you saying that. I’m hesitant to give up a hp jack
too. I will need a new phone soon and I have been thinking Samsung or Pixel in
this price range. My eye prefers the Pixel’s photography, but the Samsungs are close and have more features and longer support updates. I Can get a 52S but it’s a bit higher priced. Hmmm.

1 Like

Apple dongle will have better performance than the in built jack anyway

1 Like

LG phones beat it though. Too bad they dead now. :sob:

Yes, my current is an LG 5 and has served me very well!

I’m very sad that LG bowed out of the cell phone game. I don’t know what I will end up with when/if this V40 ever gives up the ghost. I’m not crazy about any of the new phones these days.

2 Likes

This I can agree with, would only make sense to get a new phone if your current one bites the dust. Also it sucks that LG had to go for I think they are the only brand that caters to audio enthusiasts like us. Wish there could be brands that are at least a spiritual successor when it comes to producing good audio DACs on their phones, but that is yet remain to be seen.

3 Likes

yeah, its strange that not any of the DAP companies have even attempted a smartphone with audio focus.

1 Like

Got a really good price from my carrier and bought the Galaxy S22 today. I like the smaller form factor. Different layout from my LG 5 so will take some getting used to, but liking it so far…and the cameras and processor are amazing!! Need a simple dongle, (didnt like the one they had) so will do some listening tomorrow.
Supposedly tuned by AKG.

1 Like

Supposedly tuned by AKG, yep. That is also the same I had thought of when Razer acquired THX back then, so called having a “THX” label but only the label is there and no tuning was done. I wish that is not the case with your Samsung phone, for I will be pissed for if I bought a flagship phone, I expect that one being tuned by AKG aka that flagship sound I am looking for.

But yeah, a better DAC would be better for I am also not a fan of Samsung’s dongle, in general I am not a fan of any phone that does not have a headphone jack in the first place.

1 Like

So you’ve said, lol. I don’t do much music on the go, so will live with that adjustment in favor of the great cameras. The detail is quite stunning.

1 Like

Yeah I do agree with their camera, they are pretty good at making cameras, good for people who are into photography, and this is coming from a guy who is not into taking selfies.

Wish they could make phones that are for music lovers, aka phones with high quality DACs.

Indeed, I would have bought another LG but… :unamused:

Didn’t the Hiby R8 have a sim card slot so you could use internet for streaming? Why is that not more common?

1 Like