Do you guys not have phones?: What phone are you currently using?

Maybe I just have bad luck then :man_shrugging:. I forgot I also had a note 2 and that was much more reliable than the other 3 and I only replaced it because I had cracked the screen heavily.

I’ve been looking at the A53…interesting you feel 52s better. Can you elaborate?
Never been an Apple guy, but interesting remarks about it here. Have also been
thinking about the Pixel 5A. Phones w. a headphone jack seem to play at 24/48 which seems fine for Spotify.
Anyone have info on the usb bit depth and max sample rate for the newer phones?
I still use my old LG G5 with hp jack at 24/48 and usb which plays at 24/192 according to my external dac and the Amazon HD quality screen…on my 3rd changeable battery and hate to give it up, but it’s 4G and I would like better cameras IF playback rates are good.
Look forward to more suggestions seen here, thanks.

A52s has Snapdragon 778G vs a53’s exynos 1280 I think is the main benefit

2 Likes

Also I think in terms of value that you are getting from the A52S is so much better than the A53. As @remtang said, the Snapdragon 778G just trumps the Exynos 1280 in terms of speeds. Also I chose the A52S because it’s cheaper than the A53, not only that, the final nail in the coffin for me to get the A52S instead of the A53 is that, it has a headphone jack which the A53 lacks big time.

I think this video also summarizes all of it for me on why I went for the A52S instead.

1 Like

@K4sh1ma and @remtang Great info. Thanks very much. How’s the audio from
the headphone jack? Enough volume for easy drive over ears? (My LG5 is maxed out with the KSC 75.)

In terms of audio it’s good enough for my IEMs and headphones to sound decent, but I think I prefer if I have a Fiio BTR5K for a better audio or it’s just that my ears that are spoiled so much by my ifi Zen DAC that a decent audio from a phone is considered a bit underwhelming for my tastes even though it’s not.

1 Like

Indeed. If I decide to get more serious about using Amazon HD on the phone
I would add that or perhaps the Qudelix 5k etc.
But if only Spotify and YT then just the convenience of the jack. Nice to have the
option.

1 Like

Yeah and the mantra I have made for myself that says “I will never ever buy a phone that does not have a headphone jack.” worked out well enough for me, resulting me to get the A52S 5G. Sure I could have went with Xiaomi’s Mi 11 Lite 5G, Realme’s GT Master Edition and even the OnePlus Nord 2 due to those have faster charging speeds and some of them have better features than my A52S’ in terms of charging and feature, but I will take the overall stable charging for the battery of my phone lasts long in terms of lifespan, plus the OneUi and security updates are just better from those phone for some of the other phone I mentioned have bugs from their OS’ and I don’t want to deal with the kinks that might become severe issues later.

1 Like

All very helpful for this non-techy guy. Good to know.

Unihertz Jelly2

Extremely compact but has enough ram to run everything comfortably, a headphone jack that I rarely use due to having other options, decent onboard storage capacity with SD card expansion available.

1 Like

Poco x3 pro paid like 200 something bucks last year for it SD860, 256 GB and headphone jack, not that I use it cause I got a tempotec sonata hd pro, that thing drives edition xs decently and measures about perfect dac wise :+1:

1 Like

I never thought I will see a phone again with that size, because back then when smart phones weren’t a thing, that is usually the standard size for most phones that I have used and roughly the same size as my Nokia XpressMusic phone back then.

Samsung Galaxy A51 currently.
Cause it’s the model i was sponsored. Have not bought a phone since May 2016.
The one before that was Samsung E330 like in 05-06 or something…?
Dont buy many phones as to say. i use what i get. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same here, tbh before I even got my A71 back then AKA the phone that I just lost recently due to my dumbassery (it’s not a word I know but let me make it one.), I was using my old Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, yes an old flagship but it was able to do all the things that I wanted from it with no issues, though the battery life of it was the only thing that ticks me off a bit, it lasted me of using it for many years until it bitten the dust.

I was just overall fine with it along with the CustomROM I have installed on it for let’s face it, the stock Samsung OS at that time was not really good. Thank god for the OneUI nowadays though along with the 120Hz refresh rate I have for it, for I have been using 60Hz for most of my life in terms of the phones I had, for this A52S 5G I got is really an overall upgrade from that phone.

1 Like

Headphone jack is very important for me so it’s pretty hard to find a phone with it nowadays. Thank you for posting! Now I’m looking for a new phone and your response is very useful for me

2 Likes

Depends on what you need tbh, as for me when it comes to all-around use, the Samsung Galaxy A52S 5G works good enough for me. It’s like a jack-of-all-trades phone and a pseudo-flagship phone, for all of the things you need from a flagship is also here with this mid-range phone. Has an audio jack, IP67 water and dust resistant, four year support and security updates from Samsung, 120Hz AMOLED display, 64MP camera, 32 self-portrait camera, 128 ROM 8GB RAM/256 ROM 8GB RAM, Dual-sim support, microSD expansion slot available and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G which is very good for gaming and an upgrade from the non-S A52 and a better deal than the A53.

If you want an alternative, I think the Realme GT Master Edition is a solid phone as well for its given price.

3 Likes

I needed to retire my old Xperia Z5 compact 2 months ago after 5+ years in service. :slight_smile:

I got Samsung A52, a solid phone for middle class and average users.

4 Likes

welcome to HFG!

how come you had to retire the Xperia Z5 and what do you think of the Galaxy A52 in comparison?

1 Like

Oh, I thought you got the A52S, for that one seems to be a better deal for the A52S’ processor is more powerful than the non-S A52. Still though still a solid phone but the performance on that one is still a bit low for that one imo.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, both the battery and motherboard started to malfunction. Also, I had problems with the lack of internal memory for months (SD card hasn’t much helped).

As for A52, I can say it’s ok, but I really miss the notification light on the top of the screen. :slight_smile:
Really don’t like this always on display and checking for new messages, but I will get used to it eventually.

Camera is ok, not too good, but neither bad. I got 4/128 GB model, which is enough for me. I don’t play games on it.

1 Like