Dom Q’s spot (Recap of CanJam NYC and other things)

THANK GOD. The Simgot EA500 LM was peaky and tizzy as hell for me.

Now I’m even more interested in Estrella!

3 Likes

The graphs are only somewhat similar, the EA500LM is peakier on the graph than the smoother Estrella, that and the DD vs BA driver config, they shouldnt be that similar.

2 Likes

The Estrella is smooth as silk in every part of the fr to my ears. The treble doesn’t seem to sound like it has any crazy peaks or dips at all but it does have that little bit extra spice way up top. I seriously doubt anyone will find a fault in the Estrella’s treble tuning. Those Sonion E50s are absolute money

3 Likes

Jay would never release anything peaky and unrefined. :smiling_face::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Exactly! No shot brother Jay puts out a subpar product.

3 Likes

Yeah those are some well known super tweeters.

(not sure if its this particular model though E50DT0005/D)

3 Likes

Yeah they are. As far as I can see*, the Estrella is the first Ziigaat to use them - what a great move by the crew.

3 Likes

Yeah its the first time from them afaik. Other brands like the Hype 4 uses it as well. I still wanna see someone come out with the latest super tweeter from Knowles though.

I am only aware of it being used in the jh audio sharona.

or their new woofer that is their answer to the Sonion 38 series.
RDI-33438

Its used in the QDC V14 for example, and was gonna be in the Dunu SA4…but that thing seems to not be coming out anymore lol.

5 Likes

You’re always a wealthy of knowledge, brother. I don’t really pay attention to model names and numbers of BAs, most of the time, but the treble of the Estrella had me wondering which one was being used and why it sounded so different.

4 Likes

When you been around for as long as I have, you tend to pick up on things here and there lol.
(Although most of it is learned after I went DIY.)

“The Estrella utilizes genuine American Knowles 29689 and European Sonion 2345 full-range BA drivers, along with Sonion E50 series BA super tweeters”

Not sure if its the case but if its using the Sonion 2345 as a full range BA instead of having it do a specific area, that is the same strategy as Sony uses.

3 Likes

By late September, my IEM stable is going to consist of:

Letshouer Ej07 OG
FatFreq x HBB Deuces
ZiiGaat x Jay Audio Estrella
MiM Dark Magician (re-purchased)

I have never been eating this good in the hobby. :ramen:

8 Likes

Sonion 2345 - I couldn’t find a spec sheet for it.
I can’t find it at all on Sonions website :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah that one I cannot see online either, it is likely not a model for the public, they got drivers that arent listed.

3 Likes

We sure it’s not the 2354 and Ziigaat did a typo?

1 Like

Not sure but @VIVIDICI_111 also said it is the 2345, it is true I never heard that one in particular though, but it is in the 23XX series so it could be a non-public model.

3 Likes

Incredible line-up, brother, congrats!

4 Likes

Yup 2345, I thought it was a typo too, but maybe this is a new one or something we don’t know about. Either way though the E50 is a beast :triumph: @domq422

6 Likes

Sick lineup bro, hope you dig the Estrellas :sparkles:

6 Likes

I define treble extension with having no treble roll off in the upper treble.

If that is the case then the N3 example above looks better as you can see the Estrella rolling off earlier into the void.

Then again, these are iec-711 compliant couplers so looking at the upper-treble with that much accuracy is pointless.

2 Likes