🔶 Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset

I mean, more than likely I will gift it or sell it on here(or return it if drop lets me) when I am done as I have quite a lot of headphones at this point but, I will happily sit down with it. Glad to hear you enjoy them. Drop seems to ship a bit at random so hopefully I will get confirmation of shipment soon.

i do, there one for your list.
In console use.

Hey now, I didn’t really think about that for console users. Honest mistake. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Alright… time to see what all the fuss is about!

3 Likes

4 Likes

lol, isn’t this the second time we both ordered something and you got yours way before me? I hate shipping I swear. Looking forward to hearing impressions on it!

Well I ordered these on the first day they were available. I might of been one of the very first few that ordered them.

1 Like

No big deal, if it’s as good as what the reviewers are saying it may be worth a bit of wait.

Yea just starting to mess with them. A few quick comments though, make sure when you insert the jack into the headphone, that you really seat it in all the way. It is quite snug. The other thing I am not sure about is when testing the mic and playing it back the sound is only coming from my left earcup. I have noticed this in two separate applications so far. My hope is this is not an issue with the mic. I tested it using windows audio recorder and the Creative Sound Blaster command software connected through the SB X3. I may try plugging it directly into the motherboard and see if it is the X3 device or the mic.

oof, hopefully not a defective unit?

Yea hopefully not

Ok false alarm on the mic, all good. It is some setting only with windows voice recorder. Weird how it is only playing back in the right earcup.

2 Likes

Mine also shipped out quickly and has been in the state for 3 days now. But it seems Fedex doesn’t feel like bringing it to me… -_-

I do hope you know what you are testing and how?
Seems it ain’t going so well so far. lol

Sorry, but looks as if you failed to read my additional responses. There are no issues, it is only an issue with windows voice recorder app.

I did, no worries.
The “how” part pointed at this and it’s audio / record settings. :slight_smile: As a harsh it-joke, flaw being at Error40 but looks as if you failed to understand it.

Going back to actual subject of PC38X. Probably uses the same Mic as the previous model and other Sennheiser game mics in headsets.

The mic is pretty much the same in terms of sound quality, but the gain is a bit higher for sure in comparison to the pc37x.

Hi Everyone,
We’ve received a shipment of PC38X from Sennheiser as expected but unfortunately they sent us far fewer units than what we had ordered. We’re in the process of getting this problem sorted out and getting a new delivery scheduled with them. For now we’ve updated our estimated ship date to 10/23.
The 280 units of PC38X that we have on hand will be shipped out in the next few days. Given the extreme popularity of the product, the 280 units realistically covers residual orders from the 10/6 launch date and a handful of orders placed on 10/7. All other orders will be shipped once the remainder of our order arrives. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. Frequent updates will be provided in the discussion section of the drop.com site.

Welp, looks like I won’t be getting mine for quite some time. That’s the email they are sending out.

Bummer man… :frowning:

I think you will like these. I played some COD last night and man, the soundstage is imaging is really good. I swapped out the original pads with the velour. Cause they do make the sound a bit to forward to me in the highs. I suppose that is good for footsteps, but I prefer the velour. Plus the velour pads are a bit more comfortable. I will say the clamp is strong. I have been letting them rest on the box they came in. I am using the longer cable connected to my X3. It is a bit janky. I suppose it could be fixed with laying out with some added weight over time. (I think the ones that come with the GSP 500, 600 series are better). These are a just a few initial impressions.

I keep hearing essentially the same I heard for 37x… great for gaming, meh for music. Sucks that it will be a while, on the bright side I noticed drop has a return policy so whatever, once I am done and if I don’t keep them that money will 100% be going to HD 560S because I have been dieing to get them as a replacement to my 58x Jubilees

Is it atleast pretty easy to swap the pads? Also, more forward treble is good for fps. Well, that and upper mids.