šŸ”· Drop THX Panda

Oh, ESP95Xs, lolā€¦ I guess suddenly itā€™s more difficult for some to spend 400$ on THX Pandas when they realize ESP95Xs are 400$ tooā€¦ :no_mouth:

Hey, the ESP950s are even portable if you have like 16 ā€œDā€ batteries! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got the ksc75s today. How treble sensitive do you have to be for ksc75s to be ā€˜treble-murderā€™. And worse than grados??? Maybe I should actually try some grados lol.

1 Like

I donā€™t care if the KSC75 sounded like the voice of Godā€¦I am not clipping those dumb looking things on my ears. The porta pro and KPH30i both are comfy on me, so there is no point using the KSC75.

1 Like

No surprises there, theyā€™re both Drop products :wink::wink:

1 Like

I feel this way about the verum ones.

2 Likes

yes. :kissing_heart:

no model of the beats studios were ever good. unfortunately so most headphones that are competently made just sound better

With over-ear headphones, everybody talks about the importance of a good ā€œsealā€ for decent bass. I believe that more than anything, the clip was the problem for me. AFAIK I heard zero bass and sub-bass from theseā€¦ You know, when you told your mother your headphones broke and she said ā€œagain?ā€ and then bought another pair of 5$ headphones at the computer store for you, to plug into a pair of 10$ speakers with a ā€œheadphone outā€ she bought with the computer? Thatā€™s the KSC75 sound for me. They really are not for me, sorry lol.

I mean hey, maybe I got a bad pair too, or fake ones even. Maybe I got PTSD from over-ear computer store headphones too. :laughing: I know Iā€™m the minority. My next purchase is Koss Portapros.

Iā€™m just glad theyā€™re so cheap. Imagine if that was my opinion about a pair of 200$ headphones or more. Iā€™d be banned from here or something lol.

2 Likes

That actually reminds me of when people were saying the focal elegia had like 0 bass but it turned out that most of the people saying that had thicker glasses or were getting a bad seal lol

2 Likes

And I want Elegias :no_mouth: lol.

Lol they are pretty great, just donā€™t have thick glasses or an extremely misshapen head I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The millions of people that own them think beats are great. I would say comparative to top sellers on Amazon from mpow, beats are pretty good. Iā€™ve only tried them once or twice from a friend but Iā€™ve definitely heard many more lesser quality wireless headphones.

yes, but millions of people that own beats arenā€™t also in the audio game trying different headphones source gear. know whats up and know what you can get for the money. I try and keep up with beats with every release. and when I was a audio noob I too thought the original beats studio sounded good cause more ā€œbass= goodā€. buut doing a deep dive spending cash here and there and trying other gear over the years really shows how bad a lot of beats are the solos arenā€™t that bad but you can get much better and the EPs on sale I wouldnā€™t be mad at people getting. but the studios have never been good.

1 Like

So comparative to the worst, theyā€™re good? Lol. :laughing:
IMO, donā€™t spend more than 50$ on Beats, none are worth more than that.

Pricier than that? 200$ Beats Studio sound like 100$ Sennheiser HD280 Pros (old version) for me. But, ironically, without bass. Clinically flat and zero soundstage. So, nothing interesting.

ā€œBut yeah itā€™s studio it has to be dull and boring andā€ā€¦ then get Sony MDR-V6/7506s for like 30$ and youā€™ll have the same precision and lack of enjoyment, lol.

1 Like

edited cuz not Panda related

Okay, Well Iā€™ve deleted the link to the vid. Iā€™m sorry to hear your account was hacked.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t ask ya to but thanks.
I got humbled by it. Folks just need time and motivation and they can do some damage.
I hope to hear the Panda when it is released

5 Likes

What happened?

Iā€™m not advocating for Beats, but I do think Hifi snobs overdue the trashing of beats, mostly because they donā€™t like rap music. That said, there are thousands of wireless headphones on the market, the Beats Studio are no where near the worst. I will concede that they are over priced. Now I have the Sony Wh-1000xm3 and they donā€™t sound good to me at all. They sound artificial. The noise canceling is excellent but I will only use them on a flight or a long train ride. I just am looking for a descriptive comparison of the Pandas. I also have the PSB M4U2 wireless, they kind of lack soul and music sounds lifeless and lacks sparkle. I also have the M&O BT headphones with Beryllium drivers that can be had for $80. Zeos praised them and I agree with his praise of the sound quality given their price. Are the Pandaā€™s a $300 upgrade in sound and build quality? Do the Pandaā€™s sound just like the Oppo? Again Iā€™m not advocating for beats just looking for a baseline of expectations and beats came up as a price to performance comparison.

1 Like

I hope, that would be pretty sweet

2 Likes