DT 1990 Pro or Focal Elex

The Elex are going for $600 on drop now btw

1 Like

i was talking about gaming.
and btw what’s ur best 5 headphone for competitive gaming ? (openback)

1 Like

I would prefer the 1990 for gaming imo as the soundstage and imaging work very well in game where the elex is more for music imo.

What price range would you be looking at for the top gaming?

2 Likes

below 1200$
since we must invest in an amp and dac after
hd800s are gonna be top 1?

1 Like

My personal top might be a strange pick but it would be the ad1000x actually lol (but this is a highly personal pick). Other great options in the range I would say the 1990, Ether C Flow 1.1 or Ether CX, HD 800 S, the koss 95x would be pretty nice too imo. Also that’s pretty overkill for a gaming only headphone

1 Like

i will buy tomorrow the dt1990 to upgrade from the Hd650. i looked for ur top pick but i found that the design of the 1990 are better, and also more review
saying good about the 1990, why did u choose the other Beyer over the dt1990 ?

1 Like

What other beyer? Are you referring to the 880 600 ohm? That’s also pretty dang great for gaming an music, but is more of a studio reference headphone that I am more familiar with. If you want to take the next step with the beyers for gaming the 1990 is my pick. The 880 600 ohm is more of a preference thing again that’s really something I prefer for studio. I would say the 1990 is the technically superior headphone, but I keep the 880 600 ohm because of it’s excellent frequency response for studio.

Regarding the ad1000x, it’s a very personal pick that I feel wouldn’t be most people’s favorite, but it’s legit the headphone I feel like I have the advantage with the most, but that’s just me, most people would prefer the other options

Hope you enjoy the 1990, it’s a great gaming pair :+1:

1 Like

i m sorry i meant what made you choose the audio technica ad1000x over the dt 1990 pro ? for gaming
since the 1990 pro have a great soundstage and imaging

1 Like

wow, the Elex rocks man!

1 Like

what! what! what! Zeos is a headphone reviewing genius! why dont you trust him?

Ah, I personally think the ad1000x is crazy good for gaming because it has a signature that seems to emphasize most sonic queues very very well, is very intimate so it brings everything to immediate attention but has lots of soundstage depth, and seems to work extremely well for recreating a spatial image in games that I have a hard time finding elsewhere. It’s really just a very specialized headphone that most people might not enjoy, but honestly out of my entire collection it’s the only ones I put on and actually feel that they improve my skill. It’s somewhat of a hot take but it’s just my opinion. It doesn’t do the best with most music and comfort and build are meh at best.

I have THX 789 / SMSL SU8 combo but the issue is I usually listen to music pretty loud

Its 650$ now

20 character

Like how loud are we talking lol

1 Like

Mon, besides the Clear, what other headphones would you say has the same features and perform as well as the Elex? W signature, detail, imaging soundstage ect…

Well, I think alot do with different signatures, and what price range you are looking in. The clear is also less w shaped than the elex in practice

also sorry @amirraouf7 your thread may have gotten a bit hijacked lol

1 Like

I wouldnt think there would be that many, but lets say under 2000$

I listen to pretty much every genre, and I seem to quite enjoy the flat sound and a bit of an air on the top end. I do like a good quality bass but the quantity is not as important.

My other headphones are LCD 2C, and Argon MK III and Andromeda (which I am quiet a fan of sound signature) and I do run them out of THX 789 / SMSL SU 8.

I think you would most likely enjoy both headphones imo. Do you prefer something more aggressive or something a bit more refined sounding? Also do you like a bit more intimacy and naturalness, or something wider with more wow factor but less natural?

1 Like