DT 1990 Pro or Focal Elex

@M0N so you prefer Clear to Elex ?

I’m not exactly understanding the question I guess, what exactly are you looking for by “same features” and what do you consider preforming as well

Oh how come? I see it as 600 over here.

So personally I do, but I use my clear for more work than play. I would just suggest sticking to the elex imo, I think it has a more fun signature, and also with the thx, the clear are pretty close sounding to the elex, because personally to make the clears more worthwhile I think you need to get a better amp for them to take advantage of the benefits the clear has to offer. The clear has more demands and I think for performance per dollar, the elex just makes way more sense

1 Like

There’s very little reason to choose the Elex over the Clear from the sound perspective. The tuning is close enough, with the Clear being more resolving, with slightly better extension on both ends…

I love Zeos… but his review of the Clear was screwed up by his AMP which had a high output impedance. If you run the Clear on a high output impedance amp… it will definitely turn into “beats-like” sound… due to the huge impedance spike in the bass. Lol. Properly amped it sounds a lot more neutral with only a subtle bass emphasis.

I agree with MON the Elex is much better value. They are very close.

1 Like

same signature, soundstage, imaging, detail. same exciting sound. but better. thats not the clear

i have a last question that may help the other maybe.
when i receive my dt 1990 pro with schiit amm/d’accord, i bought dolby atmos for headphone and used to have it turned on on windows audio. should i turn it off now or it’s still an improvment ?

oh! thats strange, i checked not too long ago but it was 650$

I would not suggest using dolby atmos or any surround or spatial effects, as I think the headphones will preform much better without them

1 Like

The Utopia? I mean something that similar is hard to find

1 Like

ok thanks, i always had them turned on lol even when i had the HD6xx with fio e10k

Yeah… driver design is unique with the Focals… they really took a ground-up approach to their design, so I think it would be difficult to find something similar. Just other Focals…

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/i/133227341897?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=133227341897&targetid=593772165293&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9021874&poi=&campaignid=2086087905&mkgroupid=76935344123&rlsatarget=pla-593772165293&abcId=1141016&merchantid=6296724&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4_aExqnX5gIVTP_jBx34ogrGEAkYASABEgLn8vD_BwE

You can typically find the utopia in the 2.5k ish range and that would do what you want. But you would also need an amp upgrade too

Unless you give the clear a really good amp, and then I think the clear clearly (har har) pulls ahead

1 Like

I have not A/Bed them since I got the RNHP… as my brother has my Elex now… so I would be curious to see if there is a bit more of a gap. :stuck_out_tongue:

You sure? Resolve Reviews uses pretty mid-tier amps and still felt the Utopias were in another class in terms of detail/resolution.

From what ant has now, I think he just would want something different with them. They are still in a different class without a really high end amp, but you still want to make the most out of your investment.

Oh nvm… he specifically paired it with the Arche Dac/Amp for his Utopia review… lol
I don’t know if that one is any good… but it’s definitely a much higher price bracket…

You dont think they would sound good in the SP200?

They would be alright, but you really would want to step up to something higher quality to take advantage of them. They were designed with a higher quality amp in mind

1 Like