DT 1990 Pro or Focal Elex

Sometimes painfully loud lol depends on the music though tbh

Hmmm, well the 1990 has a much lower chance of screwing up at higher volume compared to the elex imo. I think you might want to go with the 1990, and if you don’t like them if you bought from amazon, you could easily return them and go for the elex :+1:

1 Like

totally fine, I’m enjoying the convo

I honestly really like the wide soundstage sometimes but as long as I dont loose the mids and the vocals, I really like the vocals intimate

Hmmm, I think both pairs would do you well in that regard then lol. I think the elex has more intimate vocals than the 1990 tho

Yeas I’m not using headphones for any pro work so it is just listening for pleasure

Yeah, honestly from what you describe I think you would enjoy the elex the most imo. I think the clipping is mainly a non issue, but you would have to be throwing crazy subbass at them to clip

any suggestions for amp?

I was talking about the focal utopia when I said that just to clarify here lol, the elex is more than fine with your thx

is it worth owning them both at all?

Hmmm, I feel like it would depend on how picky you are about your collection

I would like to have a good collection but not just for the sake of it, I like to have quite different sound signatures and/or flavours

Ah, yeah, then personally I would prefer the elex in your situation because of what you already own. I think the 1990 actually might be closer to the combination of the stuff you already have, where the elex would be more unique in that regard with it’s sound

1 Like

btw any ZMF recommendations? basically I was thinking if its worth selling my LCD 2C and getting a ZMF if it is going to be an upgrade?

I mean, personally the only large headphone brand I haven’t heard the lineup of is ZMF lol, so I can’t make any specific recommendations. I own the Verite, but I think the other models would be what you are looking at (which I have not heard). The lcd2 classic is more dark and wide, so you would be moving towards something with more treble but still thick and rich. I think that would be worthwhile if you wanted something more refined and more treble, but I personally can’t help you with that one

I did have a very short listen to Verite in Can Jam London recently (not enough to judge it though) and I really liked it but it was more of a different sound than an upgrade to LCD 2C imo. and I should say I really love the huge wall of sound that the LCD is producing

Yes, the presentation of the lcd is more that wall of sound with lots of impact. I actually think an upgrade to the 2c you would enjoy would be the hifiman arya, as I think that would provide an even larger presentation but with better soundstage and also more detail with a more complete signature

I’ve heard the Verite is less warm and more different that some of ZMF’s other offerings

1 Like

Great, I should try and get my hands on one for sure then :slight_smile: thank you so very much for all the help and information

Are you still considering the elex or the 1990 lol?

1 Like

How would you compare the Verite to the Elex? lol, dont want to wear you out. but im about to get a pair.

1 Like