DT 770 Pro 80ohm highs vs DT 1990 Pro

Haha, thank you. Lol

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but have you tried both sets of earpads on the 1990? Personally I prefer the analytical pads, but if that’s the issue the other set may work better for you. Also, reading through this thread, when I saw the Magni/Modi mentioned, I winced internally. I had them before, and while I wouldn’t call them bad, I would say they had kind of a shrill/metallic sound to them that I would say does bot benefit the 1990 in any way. Not sure what you settled on as far as dac/amp but I have the ifi Micro black and it works much better with the 1990. So, maybe one of the lower end ifi units would help with your setup?

I don’t think he has a magni 3 or modi but I could be wrong. If he went with the heresy or 3+ they are leaps and bounds better to where I can actually recommend them lol. The idsd micro would be sweet if he could get his hands on one, but I just assumed it would be over budget

Hi, I got the Topping DX3 Pro just because it was the easiest to get and the most practical unit for me.

I know the sound on that is kinda bright. But I plan to listen to the DT1990 more and if I find that I like the sound overall, and it’s just too harsh for me, I will buy a tube amp to solve that problem.

Also, about the pads. I have tried both. I found the sound on the analytical pads to be better overall. But the balanced pads did help with the harshness. I will keep listening to the headphones with the analytical pads to see if I get used to the sound. And then I it is too much harshness I will change pads and use tem for some time again.

The tube amp will probably help a lot anyways, so I might keep using the analytical pads