🔶 DUNU EST 112 Tri-brid IEM

Indeed, beryllium DD and 2 EST´s. Sounds like a dream setup.

My unit should be here early this week. Got so much toys coming in.

EST112
10 XINHS cables
Yaxi pads

Then the orders I will probably make this week:
KZ DQ6
IKKO OH10
Yincrow RW-2000

3 Likes

Pre-ordered. How did you get yours so quickly?

That tuning/graph with a beryllium DD and EST for treble? WIN! I’ve literally been saying to myself for a while now that the Mangird Tea and the Monarch are my favorite IEMs. I prefer the Monarch’s EST treble but it’s bass can be a bit overwhelming at times. My only complaint about those IEMs is that the bass could be be tighter and better textured like the FH3. The DUNU EST (with very similar tuning to the Tea with a Beyrillum DD) might be the answer to my dreams. Excited!

Its a review unit. :smirk:

3 Likes

What do EST drivers do best compared to other driver types?

Treble, particularly the upper-treble from what I know. They are designed to only play that area. So they literally only got one job.

1 Like

Some info from dunu on Super reviews discord server.

5 Likes

Looks like I’m going to have to become a DUNU customer just because of this post. Serious respect for this guy and DUNU’s company practices and philosophies.

The DUNU EST 112 will be my first DUNU, but I will help support companies with their mindset. Time to do some research into DUNU.

Thanks for posting Rikudou_Goku.

5 Likes

Yeah, Dunu is probably my favorite company. So transparent into their development and tech and very detailed info.

5 Likes

I’ve been on and off again about the Zen, but this info actually makes me want to throw money at them to help support them.

I think the Zen will be my next IEM after the EST 112.

Isn’t DUNU the parent company of Fiio?

No, Fiio and Dunu are different companies. They did however, team up in the past.

Honestly, if upper-treble is important for your library (like it is in mine) then I cant really recommend it to you at that price. Its too much of an “achilles heel” for me to be able to tell you to spend that much money on it. The EST112 and the SA6 however both look damn good.

source on dunu and fiio: The discovery thread! | Page 3511 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

Some more info on dunu: https://www.dunu-topsound.com/about

I am also pretty sure that topsound is the parent company of dunu…but I cant find the source for that and I could just remember it wrong. so take it with a big grain of salt.

1 Like

but…

the link literally says “-topsound” :laughing:

yeah, as I mentioned. I could be wrong. They dont mention anything about topsound specifically either in their site.

well, from a quick google search it looks like topsound is Dunu
Maybe they used to be “dunu-topsound” and later rebranded it to just Dunu?

If you guys want to know I can ask dunu about it directly.

No need, I am just bored in between even more boring online classes tbh.

1 Like

I ended up returning my Zen, it was too intense for me and I generally like intense headphones (big beyerdynamic fan lol).

I got the SA6 instead and it’s great. Not quite neutral, the bass is boosted and the midrange is a little forward and treble dipped in some spots, but it’s really smooth and a lot of fun. Great bass for a ba, I think it sounds better than the dynamics in the two blessing 2s. Not much ba weirdness either, the timbre is pretty natural. Sounds great with electric guitars and distortion.

The est 112 looks cool, interested to hear your thoughts on it

3 Likes

The B2´s DD´s are a pretty low bar though.

But I have heard a lot of praise for the SA6.

Graph looks great as well.

source: Measurements database - Super* Review

12 Likes