šŸ”¶ DUNU SA6 Ultra

They are. Will all come down to libraries and the reason I just sold RSV and EJ. I cant keep them all. If any in the end.

You might find me in a couple of months wandering around the streets with a qudelix and an Olina, as far as I know. Or a TWS.

The world is a lie.

2 Likes

giphy

giphy (2)
:nerd_face: :nerd_face: :grinning:

1 Like

Looking to trade/sell my Dunu SA6 Ultra , pm me if interested :v:

Oh no. Mind if I ask why it didnā€™t work out for you?

I love the detail of the SA6 Ultra and its technical performance, but it turns out Iā€™m more sensitive than I thought to a midbass/lower midrange tuck because of the music genres Iā€™m into.

I now know the Variations wouldnā€™t work for me. Further, I think I need a set that sounds full on medium volume, so something with elevated low mids.

Iā€™m currently eyeing Xenns Up or Penon Volt. I canā€™t find a comparison of those two howeverā€¦ Currently leaning towards the Volt though.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve currently got both in hand before I ship the Volt tomorrow for the sale. PM me a test song our two and Iā€™ll A/B.

4 Likes

PMā€™d you, thanks :pray:

1 Like

We can continue in PMs, but wondering if you ever tried the Penon Globe.

1 Like

They made a big difference for the Hook X as well. Glad I picked up a set to try them.

1 Like

Just got the initial shipping notification for my SA6 Ultra order!
Now the incessant refreshing of the tracking info begins, lol

4 Likes

What do you think if I say that any iFi with xBass (or Truebass) function would be a good match for moonlight? I bought the Yanyin Moonlight for $460 (new) and when it arrives if I want more bass I will buy an iFi Zen Can for it.
And you donā€™t need to EQ it)

I canā€™t comment how it would XBass would be on Moonlight. I didnā€™t get my Go Blu until after I sold the Moonlight. I use PEQ on Q5K to EQ Mahina to Moonlight occasionally. If you havenā€™t bought anything yet maybe get something with access to PEQ. Then use squish to get the PEQ numbers.

1 Like

Could you please share your EQ settings? I might get a chance to listen to a Mahina and would like to try it aswell!

Shipped after 2 weeksā€¦ now we wait 2 more :man_facepalming: (but hopefully only 1 :crossed_fingers:)

6 Likes

Either everyone is enjoying the Ultra so much theyā€™ve gone off grid or the orders are all still in limbo :smirk:

1 Like

200 sets werenā€™t built yet. Itā€™s definitely limbo

2 Likes

Edit: I got mine yesterday, initial impressions are VERY good from build to aesthetic to sound! I donā€™t know if theyā€™re ā€œmintingā€ them in order of order numbers, but my serial is Z185.

Got mines in today!

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about grabbing the Zen Pro as an elite sub $1k single DD option so Iā€™d be interested to hear any impressions youā€™re down to share once youā€™ve had some time with them, ofc.

Nice haul, btw! :+1::sunglasses::metal:

2 Likes

My SA6u just came in today number ā€œZ199ā€. I just went through the first few songs of my playlist, and it definitely has a lot more energy and adds to the enjoyment factor of my Oracle from just the initial listening experience. Iā€™ll do some a/b listening over the coming days then daily drive it for a while but so far Iā€™m very excited about this IEM, based on my initial impressions.

5 Likes