đŸ”¶ DUNU SA6 Ultra

Infused with more treble extension and air doesn’t say a thing about the BAs in the SA6 Ultra.

300 extra for treble extension only is highway robbery.

Just use EQ if thats the case

This shouldn’t be more than 600.

To be fair, if you bring EQ into the equation, you can just buy something well-tuned at $100 and make it sound $500.

4 Likes

Digital EQ wouldn’t give you exactly the same changes. Digital EQ changes the signal the IEM receives. Physical retuning changes the way the IEM reproduces the signal it receives.

Digital changes change what you will hear. Retuning changes how you hear. In my experience and opinion.

You’re not too wrong about the price though. If it goes up, shouldn’t be more than 10-20% max

2 Likes

Oracle MK2 is not in this video lol

1 Like

Yeah, a major price hike isn’t justified if DUNU is using the exact same drivers.

Doubt the new accessories warrant a big increase.

My price prediction is 600 USD, the extra 50 is due to collab.

@Timmy-Gizaudio ! Not sure if you caught my comment on the video, but I was wondering what your initial thoughts are on the SA6 Ultra v. The Monarch MKII? Thanks brother

1 Like

I haven’t ABed but i will add it to the video comparison

3 Likes

Yes please - could be a potential huge decision for me. Just want to make sure - thanks man.

I think that the price will be determined according to the opinions of the users! That’s why I said $850 so that they would comply and not raise the price that much, but 
 we’ll see. Now is a time of waiting and market research by DUNU.

My bad, edited. Thanks.

1 Like

Checked it out the same day Timmy’s quick impression video came out and it was at $1000. They probably wanted some shock value and (like everyone else is saying) so that the community will dictate what is an acceptable price above the OG for a tuning upgrade + collab.

I wonder what Zeos’ impression was if he saw the $1k price :laughing:

After thinking about the iem I have now decided and this is based on the LETSHUOER x Z. They ok and that’s it. I love my Dunu sa6 and having to iem the same wouldn’t work and If I was disappointed I would have wasted $600 of which I think they would be priced at I would look at something else and I’ve got my eyes on Monarch MKII.

Countdown is up :slight_smile:

Release date: 2022-10-24 23:00:00 EST

wow, only 300 units. So its like the Vernus I guess

1 Like

Kind of.

Other than the dimension of the problem. Vernus was mostly announced on head-fi
 had 100 units.

This one has 300
 but it’s Zeos :disguised_face:

1 Like

I was thinking of getting this set if it was around 600 gbp or less but I am seeing 908 gbp on aliexpress, I hope that’s a temporary price too because I’d rather go for a used ier-m9 or moondrop s8 if im spending more than 600

I hope you’ll be getting one, let the rat race begin

Do I look like a bank?

1 Like

LMAO! :joy::joy:

Yes. The Bank of Portugal. :smiling_face_with_tear:

The Unboxing of SA6 Ultra. Besides the shells, the cable also look very good.

2 Likes