šŸ”¶ DUNU SA6 Ultra

Just saw Dunuā€™s Facebook post

Itā€™s officially released by now.

Looks to be 599

1 Like

Well, I put in an order. Second hand value should be good at least.

I already have the Hook-X, ISN H50 and TRI KAI.

Still waiting for my TempoTec V6 and NiceHck NX7 MK4, so with the SA6 Ultra inbound, Iā€™m definitely going to take a big and long giggidy step back from the hobby in terms of purchases.

Planar set :white_check_mark:
DD set :white_check_mark:
Hybrid set :white_check_mark:
Tribrid set :white_check_mark:
All-BA set :white_check_mark:

Iā€™m good. I swear Iā€™m goodā€¦ :clown_face:

7 Likes

GizAudio reviews the SA6 Ultra.

4 Likes

Ordered. Kind of a shame itā€™s limited edition

4 Likes

Iā€™m really excited for the Ultra to arrive in the next few weeks. By my order number Iā€™m thinking I was one of the first 30. Stayed up to midnight in anticipation it might sell out. Went with a double blue. This will be one of only three all BA setups Iā€™ve tried.

Always heard good things about the OG. Just never got around to buying it because other releases were higher on the list. Guess avoiding it payed off as the retune looks more in line to my liking. Super curious to hear how the gentle rise from 1.5k to 4k will play out along with the dip to 6k. No extra emphasis in areas that typically can be my turnoffs. Be on the look out for a used set if things go south after listening.

1 Like

Well - hereā€™s hoping the second hand market doesnā€™t absolutely destroy me, Iā€™d love to pick a set up one day :smiling_face_with_tear:

Good luck with that :+1:t5:

Patience and others having upgrade-itis are your friends.

I also canā€™t imagine paying more than retail for these; even as a limited run, 300 is pretty large and theyā€™re not exactly one-offs. Now, if you specifically need both the same color or one of each, then you may need to wait a bit longer.

2 Likes

I really hope they do keep it limited to 300 not just to speed sell through then do another colour option etc, etc,etcā€¦thatā€™ll keep resale prices solid and have the backs of folks that were happy to drop their :moneybag:really hope you guys enjoy your set :notes::v:

3 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Soā€¦ Where will the SA6 Ultra end up on your ranking list you reckon? :eyes:

Ha right - I have FOMO - itis that I canā€™t seem to shake. Speaking to @Timmy-Gizaudio it seems that these are a more of a side grade from the Monarch MKII which is the set I have and am thinking of selling off to fund the SA6 Ultra. Thatā€™s reassuring, I was ready to pull the trigger and post the MMKII for sale but it seems that I can hold onto them and not feel as though Iā€™m missing out on much.

I will say that for $600, I am impressed. If this released 7 months ago, I would of saved my self $400 :joy:

2 Likes

Be strong man. You bought one of the like 10 best IEMs on the planet. Youā€™re good

1 Like

Tell me about it - I try to tell my self the same thing over and over again! :joy:

Well I fell hard down the IEM rabbit holeā€¦
grabbed Chus, 7hz Salnotes Zero and CCA CRA to start and see where things were these days. Impressed.

Raptgo Hook X next, love it.

Just got a TOTL S12 and really love it as well.
Also got used Q5k

And of course, now I just ordered the Dunu SA6 Ultra (hope itā€™ll be my end game IEMā€¦lol)

In for a pennyā€¦or whatever they say.
I think my wallet has smoke coming off it.

Just going off graphs and the current comparisons, it looks like thereā€™s a clear upgrade path in the technicalities department amongst the qdc iems if you like the sound of the Ultra (if you can find them used.) Straight upgrade would be the Gemini, Anole VX for more forward detail+treble (and switches), and 8SL for more midbass+fun.

I got my used 8SL far cheaper than the average Anole VX prices at the time, but I think itā€™s changed given their age.

If thereā€™s a market, I would think they would just re-release this type of tuning later (w/ a different shell) given the surrounding hype.

1 Like

I agree. A lot of people who wanted to buy these wonā€™t be able to.

1 Like

Just bought mine. Hope I get #69 :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I said the heck with it, Iā€™m in for a red pair. Worst case scenario, if they donā€™t compliment/stand up to my U6t, someone will get a lightly used pair for slightly cheaper.

4 Likes