đŸ”¶ DUNU SA6 Ultra

I hope it goes the way of the S12. In a few months or even on 11.11 they come out with a SA6 Pro (or, hear me out, the Plus Ultra :slight_smile: ) that is essentially the Ultra, maybe minus the strap and the dekonis (or not) for about the same price or ~500usd. To differentiate it from the collab, they make the bass switch add more bass than the ultra for those that feel they needed more. Its still out of my comfortable buying range :joy:

But, it looks like how the S12 collab seemed to go. Once the limited release is done and its successful they release another color way and/or retag it and now own that collab tuning. Maybe even change a filter which does nothing different but just to meet the 80% different from the collab to not have to pay royalties. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Although i bought the sa6 ultra i totally agree with u on this point my biggest fear was that they can change the sa6 ultra cable that i really want so for me i’m paying extra 100$ just for that

The Dunu rep on head-fi can definitively answer one question

But meanwhile

That’s curiouser and curiouser

4 Likes
1 Like

bold statement :smile:

2 Likes

Let me lie to the boy, so he doesn’t regret his life choices!

Oof I felt that one :sweat_smile:

Neither answer was a definitive no. :slight_smile:

They could sell it later on its own after the collab run or they can use it packaged with other releases.

They could (and most likely will) make a release with similar tuning to the Ultra. Maybe they even bring the tuning to lower tiers and/or maybe with a hybrid/tri setup to fix the missing bass texture.

If they ever release something similar I think it’ll be at a higher price. Ex. Add in DD or EST to improve the bass/treble–>$800-1000+. Something like that. I don’t think it makes sense from a business perspective to reduce the price. Ex. Olina only works because it’s at $100 which imo is very accessible to most people which means larger volume=profit. However, if they release a market disruptor at let’s say, $300-400, even though it’s the “Olina” at that price bracket less people will buy it because of the higher price tag. Meaning, they’re eating away at their margins from their more expensive sets but without the benefit of large volume due to pricing=bad profits. Unless they can achieve a sales volume at the level of Olina it won’t be worth it for them investment wise. Disruptor sets are usually only released to generate prestige and brand recognition of a company, but DUNU is an OG so this doesn’t really benefit them, plus they have a very good reputation already. At the end of the day, as much as I wish for this to happen companies still need cash flow to maintain R&D and business operations.

4 Likes

Then we wait for the competitors to clone the sound at a lower price point. Hopefully.

1 Like

All of this is to say the 300 units of SA6 Ultra is probably the thing funding the IEM they haven’t even started developing yet

2 Likes

Gotta keep the lights on lol, and if we get another awesome release as a result of a solid release? Sounds like a win-win to me! And if they really strike out, well, time for a another release of the [soon-to-be] venerable SA6 Ultra.

All 300 units may not have been made, but that doesn’t mean the ULTRA wasn’t developed :grinning:. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

No, no. I mean that if this limited run doesn’t coincide with a full release, what they’re profiting from SA6 Ultra will go into the R&D of a set that hasn’t even been fully conceived yet. As in it won’t go into the current next IEM they’ll release, or the one after that. More like a few IEMs down the road will be the fruit of SA6 Ultra

1 Like

Will HiFiGo say if they’re sold out? I’m really thinking about sucking it up and just getting it. I really want to hear my music in the best way possible :rofl:

Sold out.

Why did I cancel my order :melting_face:

You were showing some restraint and fighting your addiction. I’m proud of you!

Idk I cancelled this $600 purchase just to make another $600 purchase so the restraint didn’t last long :rofl:

But hey, at least you didn’t make TWO $600 purchases? :man_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes