DUNU x Gizaudio DaVinci 2DD+4BA Hybrid In-Ear Earphones

A Different Take

We both have Davincis, but it ends there. My ears think almost opposite across the board from his description.
Overbearing bass? No. Present and north, sure, but interfering with mids? Not even close.
Spicy treble? Huge no, again. I am seriously treble sensitive, with already more than 30 hrs listening with Davinci, not a wince. So what gives with these dramatic differences of opinion? Is it the tips?
Also nothing " new school" here about the tuning, seriously how did he get there? I’ll go so far to say this is Old School if any school at all. I could actually mix with this set , no adjustments.
I use almost exclusively wide bore tips, and in this case Azla Crystals are best so far.
The cost of this one has zero bearing on my assessment, yet I did pay for them. In other words, don’t even go thinking this is defensive reaction. I’m just hearing it very differently.
I truly went looking for reality in these assessments, started with Buddy Guys “Damn Right I’ve Got The Blues”. If there is not enough bass, too much treble at all, that version from “Buddy’s Baddest” is wholly unlistenable, sounds perfect here. Or another way to say nicely balanced with bass.
Boz Scaggs “Corrina Corrina” up now, this track can highlight muddiness, or interference into mids especially because how the acoustic guitar in this tune can get a bit woofy and cross into the beautiful vocal…no problems .
I feel/acknowledge this iem is more into “intimate” territory then not. With closer response brings all with it, good and bad. I listen at realistic levels…so on the louder side. I think Timmy mentioned this tuning was a nod toward male vocals…indeed the Butastur sounds very distant and thin in comparison…so right up my alley.
Okay lets play again with tips, in this case narrower bore, Which is what i think this reviewer used?
So Spin Fits and Final E’s eh…uh… no , just no. Wide bore is the only way this sounds right to me…

Try “Real Blues” , 1st track on St Germain’s Real Blues At Jazz Remixes…nuff said…holy smokes.

5 Likes

I am treble sensitive as well. In my case, the bass is great and above neutral, but it doesn’t overshadow the mids. The treble isn’t harsh at all with my set. I agree with you— the more I listen, the more I feel that the DaVinci leans towards an intimate sound, which is a definite plus for male vocals.

3 Likes

Do we know yet if I can replace one of the Ziigaat twins with this instead?

If not I’ll probably skip the Ziigaat for now tbh and just go DaVinci since I’ve always wanted to own a Dunu, Dos/Cinco bass may be nice but I could just jump to Scarlet it and call it a day

Without still owning the Cincotres, but recent memory, I am reasonably confident saying the Davinci is an improved tuning of Cinco if looking at it from an all rounder perspective. There was a thinness in the Cinco I’m not hearing with Davinci.

4 Likes

Sweet, I’ll skip Cinco then go DaVinci for now then

1 Like

Davinci beauty shots incoming!

Great job, @Timmy-Gizaudio - The overall vibe of the unboxing is great. I’ll be doing some more listening this coming week!

15 Likes

damn those are nice pics man!

5 Likes

I’m sooo glad I can’t see mine while listening, but you kids all showing off yer beautiful sets, not helping! :unamused:

6 Likes

You got some nice looking woodgrain faceplates on your set, grats! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Thanks, brudda!

ahhh man! That’s heart breaking haha there’s a little bit of a photo editing magic going on here with my photos, bootsted colors and contrast etc. but I haven’t seen an ugly set so far. I love the natural look of the wood.

Definitely a beautiful looking set!

5 Likes

Woooow, that’s another nice looking pair. Thanks for the photos man!

4 Likes

Definitely another dope looking pair! My pleasure, they photograph well.

4 Likes

Hearing that the faceplates are RNG is making me wanna buy the set right now. I love gambling lol

Does anyone have both the Vulkan and the DaVinci to compare?

I find it a pretty interesting comparison as they are both from dunu and shares the same driver count, with the Vulkan BA´s being all knowles instead of what I assume to be Bellsing in the DaVinci and the dual DD config is a coaxial one instead of separated ones.

1 Like

I know a way to make that comparison happen, but it may take a couple of days @domq422 @GooberBM

4 Likes

I could have done it myself but I declined the DaVinci (too big and no vents are a no go for me).

3 Likes

Once I get the Da Vincis over to Goober, I’m sure he could oblige. But I wanted to say, the Da Vincis are vented as far as I a tell.

6 Likes

Thats the outer vent, those dont do much to help pressure for my ears.

need one on the inside

6 Likes

Ahhh Gotcha gotcha, yeah, these don’t have that lol

4 Likes

I can get on that

7 Likes