šŸ”¶ DUNU ZEN Single DD

It sure looks awesome, but honestly i am super satisfied with the IEMs i have now that the Zen has joined the family, if i were to invest some more money in the hobby it would probably be an Audeze LCD-X to complement my Fostex Ebony!

3 Likes

You just got the Zen. Have some self-restraint lol.

2 Likes

lol i know man!!! the LCD-X plan was in motion before the Zen and it is conditional to me selling my Focal Clears :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll remind you of this every time you taunt me with your next rec. :wink:

3 Likes

This hobby is killing me, when i started i was like ā€œok $300 stack + $200 headphone, that is not a lotā€, now i have something like $4000 worth of gear in my desk! lol

I need to sell some stuff!!!

1 Like

hahaha, yeah. I am not one to talk about self-restraint. :joy:

1 Like

Just look at this 1 photoā€¦

And thatā€™s just my tribrids.

7 Likes

I think we should all just acknowledge we have a problem, hahaha

4 Likes

And this is just my Sony iems.

6 Likes

Ay ay ay, PROBLEM?
No one said anything about a problem :joy:
This is the solution to our problems :joy:

1 Like

I need to get me a few of those!

Itā€™s not my fault!

5 Likes

The XBA-N3 is the only one I highly recommend to you.

But if you are willing to EQ the EX1000 and the EX800ST are great choices as well (only get one though, otherwise it is redundant).

1 Like

8 Likes

Iā€™m almost in this camp, honestly if I didnā€™t have the Ifi iDSD Micro Black Label, even my Klipsch HP-3s would be lacking.

But Iā€™ve accepted they donā€™t really combine good IEMs that are bass heavy out of the box.
Iā€™m guessing more because itā€™s niche, but probably because itā€™s difficult to do lol, plus everyoneā€™s idea of bass is different.

With that said, hands down I would buy something if it perfectly fit my tastes out the box.
Iā€™ve EQā€™d so much over the years that itā€™s getting jarring LMAO - itā€™s more of a pipe dream xD
Us bassheads need to unite and make the ultimate (tuneable) basshead thing :joy:

3 Likes

A tunable IEM that maybe has dipswitches but only for bass amount tuning? I despise dipswitch IEMs but that might be something I could get behind.

1 Like

Exactly this, for those of us looking for mind blowing bass + soundstage + detail retrieval + coherent sound, etc the only way is to find a really capable set and EQ the bass up.

It is easy to find a basshead set that will slam your ears from so much bass, but i never heard one that will also have all other aspects i am looking for.

3 Likes

I dont think dip switches is the solution.

Filters is a better choice I think.

1 Like

However itā€™s done is fine with me. I actually prefer 1 IEM with one tuning profile that does it well.

@luizgarcia & @Purplezorz As for you guys, I know thereā€™s lots of talk about the Mest and I think thereā€™s even been possible interested from you guys. The Mest is NOT for you guys. I think you would hate it. It is super hyper detailed and neutral. You can hear everything with it. But it is at times uncomfortable for me to listen to certain tracks. It does a very good job of conveying all that detail without coming off too sharp or sibilant but it can be at times.

I would think it would be a mastering engineers dream because you can hear so much of everything but it can be quickly fatiguing. It is the complete opposite of a ā€œfunā€ set unless you want to hear every detail imaginable and the sound as clear as clear can be. The Mest MKII is IMO pro as pro can be.

7 Likes

Yep i figured as much, it probably sounds similar to the Focal Clears in a way? I find the Clear to be a detail monster, but honestly it is boring to my ears.

Btw i think i just managed to sell my Clear! hahaha

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s put a downer on things haha.
Well, moreso, just taken it off the pedestal a bit.
On the other hand, I do have critical listening sessionsā€¦still, Iā€™m kinda doubtful.
If the xenns UP donā€™t do the trick, Iā€™ll try the Legacy 9, if they donā€™t work, now this Dunu is on the list.
Plus thereā€™s still @rcayn 's set thatā€™s coming >=)
I feel like thereā€™s a lot of V shape stuff coming out that should meld to our needs and with so much tribrid stuff, we can only win :joy: