šŸ”¶ DUNU ZEN Single DD

Like I said in my earlier post, the only set Iā€™ve heard to beat the Zen bass so far was the Hyla Sarda and that was a V-shape set with lots of sweet treble and very detailed overall as well.

1 Like

Shame itā€™s limited, but maybe itā€™ll show up one day if itā€™s needed :slight_smile:

Like Batman.

1 Like

Itā€™s not quite EQ I guess since it happens on the analog side, but Iā€™ve been quite enjoying the xBass on the iFi xCAN. I basically just leave it turned on at all times now.

Also, Iā€™m not in a huge rush to buy new IEMs, but Iā€™m pretty darn excited about the prospect of a Zen Pro, definitely curious to see what theyā€™ll do with it.

1 Like

iFi bass boost is legit. Enjoyed it a lot on their entry level Hip DAC. Made some of my bass light headphones just right. It made the Focal Elegia downright thump.

2 Likes

Oops

5 Likes

Restraint is difficult. Iā€™ve been sitting on a headphone purchase for nearly two weeks because Iā€™ve been waiting for my next paycheck, and like, you wouldnā€™t think two weeks is that long, but bleh.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the LCD-X!

4 Likes

Reporting back after listening to the Zen for a few days, this IEM is a freaking monster!

Just to put things in perspective, i have a Fostex Ebony which is my #1 go-to headphone above all other full sizes and IEMs i had, and after a few days with the Zen i find myself listening to the Zen 90% of the time.
I some times go back to the Fostex in the middle of the day and while it is still awesome, the Zen is even more awesome so i just go back to the Zen after a few minutes. This is something i REALLY did not see coming since the Fostex is incredibly good.

I am a basshead so any headphone or IEM has to deliver good bass to start with, otherwise i will not even keep it long enough to appreciate mids, highs, soundstage, etc. The Zenā€™s bass is something unique and it rivals Foster drivers, which is more than i was hoping for!

Another comparison i made the past days was with the Ikko OH10 which i used to love, but now the magic is gone once i A/B Zens and OH10s, the OH10ā€™s bass is really good but it is no match for the Zenā€™s, and the BA highs the OH10 produce are just not natural compared to the Zenā€™s DD.

I have a single thing i would change in the Zen if i were to nitpick and that is the fit, if i could have a Zen inside the Mangird Teaā€™s shell then it would be the perfect IEM for me.

• Perfect cable
  • Excelent build quality
  • AWESOME bass which is tight, clean, textured while delivering the best slam i have heard to date
  • Clear and coherent mids and highs
  • Very good detail retrieval
  • Good soundstage for an IEM

This one is a keeper for sure, all the time and money i invested in this search was worth it! @Resolution i really owe you a beer for this one! hahaha

10 Likes

2 Likes

Seems like your experience with the Zen was similar to mine because I very much agree with all your statements. An excellent IEM in my opinion and a bass loverā€™s dream specifically because it does it so well and doesnā€™t slouch in other areas. So glad you are enjoying them and youā€™re making me consider repurchasing again. Lol

3 Likes

Zen Pro? :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like everyone i know who sold the Zen kind of wants it back, which makes sense to me so far! lol

The only reason why i am currently listening to the Fostex as i type is because my ears are a bit sore after wearing the Zen for about 3 hours straight, i really wished the Zen Pro would have a different shell but it looks like pretty much the same as the OG from the pictures i sawā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

Everyone is talking so highly of ZEN that I feel investedā€¦ When is it coming out? Hope its not that expensive :joy:

No info on it yet. Except it is after the Falcon Pro and I believe the Titan S as well.

2 Likes

I see. My wallet likes that.

More money for buds and 50usd iems :joy:

2 Likes

Me too. Iā€™m mostly done with new iems until the Dunu Zen. @hawaiibadboy ā€™s IEM is a no brainer tho. Just waiting for that to drop. Gotta support my man!

2 Likes

Yeah. Im also getting GK10. Loving the feedback on headfi. Too many cables ready for those iems :slight_smile:

Hi guys, i am going to get Zen Pro and im curious which eartips are best for them. Can you share some experience with several tips you have tried on Zen?

I have tip irritation issues especially when inserted deep. So I prefer larger tips that seal further out. A grippier material tends to be good. Keeping the edge of the tip further from the nozzle with a smaller bore tends to enhance bass a bit. These two goals are at odds with each other.

Cp145 is a great balance. But cp100 plus (as opposed to standard) are a grippier material so there is much less movement and adjustment for me. I just got sedna crystal as well which are very good. All the earfit and spiral dots work well.

If I ever find double/triple flange tips that I can wear long term without feeling like fire, I would use them in a heartbeat.

2 Likes