E-600 Fully Balanced Amplifier (Chinese) warning

V5i or some of the V6 would be nice to see how it goes. V5i opens up soundstage a lot in my experience, a lot more airy etc.

Me too, I had sold one with an amp so had to get another on drop to pair with the one I had. I am also itching to get the fox lab opamps on eBay/AliExpress. OPA2604 works well too, might be my favorite and then for a little more warmth but less detail the OPA2134 is nice.

1 Like

is the OP amp easy to install im a complete newb at diy. also is the muse02 the 123 dollar option on aliexpress ?

I would get the musese02, Itā€™s pretty easy to swap and you can get a chip grabber like this linked underneath to carefully remove. Like the green one in this kitā€¦https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HW5FV5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yljpDbXT7B4HD

I should have got the musese02 in hindsight but happy with the OPA2604. I should have my burson v5i from drop soon, which I know to be a nice smooth opamp.

I sold the D30 and prefer the D10 but aiming for an SU-8 so I can have fully balanced.

Edit: itā€™ll be the best $120 you every spent!

How many have taken the chance on this? Just curious, my only regret is not getting the Muses02.

EDIT: Just a heads-up Burson v5i-dā€™s do not play nice on here, OPA2604ā€™s seem to be the best I have tried so far. I do have OPA1692ā€™s on route and will be assembling some 1656ā€™s soon.

I got mine from ebay with the Muse02 opamp. It should be the most expensive option on this amp. Aliexpress has multiple sellers for this amp but the one that I did see has 3 options. In the description of the amp it should tell you if you scroll down what the options are. It shouldnā€™t be too much more and i think it would be worth the extra money.

Hey dude I just got mine today like an hour ago! I just unwrapped it and it looks much nicer in person than in pictures (even though the silver case is a complete fingerprint magnet). I did want to ask you, did yours come with a power brick and cable? Mine came with nothing and Iā€™m pretty pissed at the moment since I have my first serious looking amp with no damn power cable!

Hey dude, after calming down I remembered that I had a spare PC power supply cable. Will that be ok long term or should I get a different cable just to make sure I donā€™t blow something up? Thanks for all the help by the way, being a noob in audio is awesome and sucks at the same timeā€¦

Yep that will work fine!

I know someone that had issues with the muses02, i got the 5532 and it was fine just to be aware that the muses02 might not be great on this circuit or that guys was defective. It also runs in class A i think like the burson v5i-d which also gave me trouble.

That is interesting. What were his problems with it? And just curious but did you notice any hissing at all after a certain point of turning the dial with no music on? I noticed a lot on my verum 1 past 12 oā€™clock on low gain and started at 10 oā€™clock on high gain. I also noticed a high pitched noise that starts before the hiss. This also happened on my 9500s. Both are so low ohm that that might be the issue. Iā€™m using a modi 3. However this shouldnā€™t count as I asked the seller the ohm ranges and they said 16-600., so at around 8 ohms itā€™s waaay too powerful for these headphones even though it blows the magni 3 out of the water in every way possible! Thanks again for putting me at ease, I was really sad. The company from Ebay was really helpful and is sending me a cable today. The amp only took 6 days to get here from China (which is insane!).

Did you get the muses? I think it depends on the spec of the op amp for the volume. OPA2604 itā€™s sporadic and not too bad as in very light noise but the bursons due to the spec according to the seller are terra bad, some opamps I get no noise at all when adjusting the volume.

As for the other buyer he said his XLR input wasnā€™t working and I think he had the volume thing with the muses02. I am sending him some spare op amps to test.(NE5532, OPA2134, OPA2604). He will likely do a video.

Iā€™ll update my reserved comment above with opamps in more detail. I have no Muses02 to test. Itā€™s well possible these are fake muses02ā€™s and I would ask for a refund to at least get other op amps. Muses02 on mouse is like 40-50 bucks each.

Can I ask how you found the sound other than that volume issue and the power?

Note Muses is an expensive part, $30-45 per chip so I recommend getting the base version as JRC 5532ā€™s are a cheap part and will at least be genuine.

I bought the OPA2132 here, gets my vote as most stable and the OPA2604 is also excellent.

Ok, so I get home and open the Amp up and I found out 2 things:1) The Muses02 are genuine, or they are the best fakes Iā€™ve found. The description of these is they have close to silver colored metal and are really easy to bend, fakes use a more standard brass looking metal and are really stiff to move. 2) The right op amp wasnā€™t installed all the way. The right op amp had one side completely seated and the other had all four legs bent irregularly and the middle two didnā€™t look like they were making contact at all. I found out that the metal was super easy to bend after I took a key switch puller (I donā€™t recommend it btw) and tried to pull the op amp out. Low-and-behold the unseated side came right out and the unseated side didnā€™t move at all. I thought I broke it since the metal bent so easily. Not quite like solder soft but resembled it in how easily the metal bent. I was able to bend the four leads correctly and installed it to where it looked right (matched the other side). After I turned the amp back on the high pitched noise that I was hearing while nothing was playing is GONE!!! I hear no hiss on low gain AT ALL. I can hear a bit of hiss on high gain just before max with no music playing. I will say that Iā€™m writing this while listening and I can still hear music playing on my Verum 1ā€™s and shp 9500s even with the volume completely turned off. One weird thing that does happen is if I play my music, pause it and then turn the volume up I hear hiss on both the low and high gain from 10 oā€™clock to MAX. After 5-10 seconds it completely goes away and I can turn the volume dial in high or low gain and hear crickets. Iā€™m not sure why this is happening but Iā€™m not sure if this is the amps fault, dacs fault, sources fault, cables etc etc. This is much improved over what it was like before. I will do some more listening and report back with my thoughts a bit later on tonight. I just donā€™t want to give this thing an audio review just yet since I just got everything working correctly. Thanks all for tuning in!

Nice, glad to know and my amp making friend said it might be something to do with the dc offset due to the split channels for L/R and some opamps are more forgiving depending on the circuit.

OPA2604, 2134, 2132, 4562 (see my list above) I get some when adjusting the volume and on some itā€™s only noticeable if music is off. The other guy I know, his issue with the rca was related to something else he had in the chain but he has distortion issues and canā€™t turn it up.

How are you finding the overall sound and power? Mine is working well with a D10,have a SU-8 on the way. The only real distortion I get is when i turn it up and my headphones are violently shaking off my head lol!

I think the RCAā€™s are labeled backwards. On mine the labels L/R donā€™t match up to whatā€™s on the back of my modi 3 but the colors DO (weird). I noticed in one of my songs that I have listened to for a long time there was a conga rift that was on the wrong side of my headphones. I switched the cables on the amp and everything is fine at the moment. I donā€™t really have power hungry cans right now. I only have Verum 1ā€™s, Shp 9500s, Monolith M560ā€™s, and Koss KSC75ā€™s. I bought this to start getting ready for maybe some Sendy Aivas or a throwback Hifiman HE 500. I can tell you that you were right on, this thing has a crazy amount of power. On my Magni 3 on low gain I was always sitting from 1-3 oclock on the dial, with this itā€™s blasting around 7 oā€™clock so I canā€™t barely move the dial at all. I donā€™t really have anything besides the Syba sonic dac/amp and magni 3 to compare to. I only use the Syba Sonic for gaming now so I will just compare with the magni 3. I can say that within less than 5 seconds I could actually tell a huge difference (this is huge to an amateur like me). I found out what people meant when they say the magni 3 is compressed. This amp has MUCH more dynamic range AND FUCKING SOUNDSTAGE!!! It feels like my Verumā€™s a new headphone now, it gives waaaaay more height and the sound stage seems to have been pushed back several feet, this effect carries over to 360 degrees on some tracks. The biggest change in music is with heavily compressed tracks, they actually have sound stage and separation now (more on separation in a minute) and not just a flat sheet of sound coming into my ear balls. The bass hits with way more impact and has more body to it, and this amp feels sooo much faster and urgent than the Magni 3. The treble seems to be a lot more detailed, it also sounds a bit brighter as well. Not to the point of hurting though. Percussion is much more precise and clean with faster attack and decay. I understood intellectually what separation was but I guess I have never actually experienced it. I can describe it best I think by describing it like this: The Schiit Magni 3 is like playing Super Mario on the SNES (2D with close range, rough background 3D graphics) and the E-600 is like playing Mario Odyssey on the Switch (3D and clear smooth graphics and feels more vast) if that makes sense. To explain another way, picture a band: singer, drummer, bass guitar, and guitar. On the Magni 3 it seems like they are all sitting in a slightly staggered straight line projecting music at you. With the E-600 depending on the song it seems like I can pinpoint that that the drummer is 12 feet away and the singer is a few feet away etc. etc. This effect is limited though, in certain compressed albums this effect is mitigated a lot but still better than the schiit magni 3. I could actual hear the back up singers in many songs that I didnā€™t even know were there before and clearly separated from the singer. These headphones are not known for micro detail so I donā€™t think this would be something I can help with that much, BUT these headphones are known for macro detail and boy does this dial that up many notches. I think that is because of the waaaaaaaaay better separation. That will be my initial impression for now, I want to get out of the honey moon phase and really get into it, but for now Iā€™m loving the hell out of this thing! I ordered a balanced cable for my Verumā€™s and Iā€™m waiting for the SMSL M500 to go fully balanced. But when the cable gets here I can atleast tell you if itā€™s cleaner/worse/the same as the the 1/4.

Yep itā€™s good for the money, even the Jot was compressed in comparison and shitballs! youā€™re right the colors do not match up. I didnā€™t test the XLR on this. Planars sound fantastic, T50RP Vibrolab and Takstar are awesome. The seller or maker needs to swap the colors and markings, I might re-solder them myself.

I agree, BUUUUUT I think every seller buys these cases from the same place. The colors are correct itā€™s the case printing thatā€™s wrong, maybe acetone the printing off? They also need to swap some things on the front too like H/L and XLR/RCA needs to be swapped to L/H and RCA/XLR. I know in some Asian countries they read from right to left, but if they are making this for the American Market they need to get that right and make it from left to right.

1 Like

For the price and sound Iā€™m willing to let it slide. I did let that weiliang store know, I assume they are the main seller/distributor and fix the remaining units. Will test the XLR tomorrow.

Yeah, me too. Even with the quirks its hands down the best amp I own. Please keep me posted on the balanced, Iā€™m really looking forward to it! Muses released the muses03 opampā€¦tempting now. I found muses02 opamps on Amazon for 45 shipped with prime if you were interested. The reviews seemed like it was legit and if you find out itā€™s fake you can just return it! Weiliang also makes a dac and I want to try try it out so badā€¦but I donā€™t want to spend almost $450+ on a dac right now (top of the line model).

This works like a charm to swap the channels, or just swap the cables.

Dd you get the muses02 or the other one?