Earbuds Discussion Thread

Good lord, I think I am officially hooked on earbuds.

Mail call today was the Yincrow X6, Fengru EMX500, and the Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0, and I have more budget stuff coming later this week.

I really get why people enjoy the X6, they are mostly balanced with a touch of warmth. They have decent extension both on sub-bass and treble.

8 Likes

Welcome to the rabbit hole indeed! It’s nice and cosy here

1 Like

Got the K’s LBBS, and I get the appeal on the details, imaging and soundstage. I just confirmed that I tend to enjoy stuff with a bit more bass, even if I have to sacrifice other things.

3 Likes

Try out @Rikudou_Goku’s eq for them. They turn into a very balanced sound sig.

1 Like

Thanks. I tossed a big bass shelf on at 166Hz, and the LBBS sounds really good.

I clearly tend to use EQ more with my phone ( Wavelet on Android ), I hadn’t updated Peace since I put Win11 on my main laptop.

1 Like

Had some time yesterday to compare some buds that I bought over the last few weeks.

Most interesting one was the Tiandirenhe TD21 with its IEM style faceplate, removable cable and over the ear cable. With their design they sit very stable. Can recommend them for everyone who needs some buds for sports. They don’t disappear in your ear like the bells though.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvH4Vcf

Was afraid they will sound really crappy as I never heard any about them before. The sound is on the lighter side, not much warmth and mid forward with a little shout. Nothing EQ couldn’t fix. Soundstage is a tiny bit wider than on the Bells.

Fiio FF3S: they don’t have the magic bass the normal FF3 had and even though they are lighter (aluminum instead of steel) the fit for me is worse probably because of the bigger stem for the removable cable.

KS Temperament X6 and X3: the cheaper X6 has a fuller sound with more mid-bass. X3 is more on the neutral side. Didn’t find any obvious technical upgrades with the more expensive X3. It comes with a 4.4mm extra cable though. The part of the cable that can be changed is tad big and heavy for the light buds. Wish they would have the same cable below the Y split like for the Buds.

6 Likes

I got the Qian39, and those almost vanish in my ears, and sound great with bit of bass. The stage is very good, and I haven’t even listened to anything that I view as really good on imaging yet ( Early Santana and Steely Dan do some cool stuff with imaging and instrument positions ).

4 Likes

New toy! LREY W03 Pro. Some verrrryy early impressions. No burn-in, first 30min listening impressions (black stock foam, which looks fairly thin):

• inoffensive treble
  • good stage but can’t say how good yet
  • bass is good quality and not overpowering. Need more time to gauge subbass
  • timbre is ok. Cymbals were a little off on one track but subject to change
  • imaging is good I think

Will do some comparisons over the next few days

6 Likes

Rikubuds gen 3 it is then. :wink:

7 Likes

Gen 3 indeed. I have a feeling I will be ordering in the next couple weeks.

I am currently enjoying the Grand Berserker 2 and Grand Rider 1, which are both really incredible but I am more of a Berserker guy.

2 Likes

Wow purchased and sent from Japan on the 22 of April, delivered on the 29th UK + great comms now that is stella customer service :raised_hands:

I think ChiFi really needs to pull it’s finger out in this regard…slack to dispatch, weeks in shipping etc = lazy and unorganised.

7 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku Hey buddy have you got any links for (preferably black) 4.4mm straight down ie no ear hooks MMCX cables? :beers:

These wee buds = old school audiophile…detail and stage for days mad… if you’re after bass then a big :-1: but give them a warm source…Burr Brown and OTC, the right genre and low volume and gosh I don’t have anyother set that can do this…
Oh they’re a very comfy fit too :+1:

6 Likes

Berserker 3 then.

Just ask XINHS for one if they dont have it.

3 Likes

@Ohmboy I’ve done this in the comments on orders and it was very easy with xinhs.

1 Like

Quick question for a friend:
Are there any recommendable open back iems for gaming and discord? Should be maximum 200€
I gave him my Rikubuds for testing but he doesnt like them because of the feel in the ear. He wants iems.

Sony EX800st/1000
Audeze Isines

1 Like

Thanks buddy I’ve had three custom cables from them and as you said they’re real easy to deal with :+1: but I just thought Riku might know of one that does an ‘off the shelf’ cable.

1 Like

All sorted :beers:

4 Likes

So an update: I just got my ears on the Yincrow X6s and my initial impressions are…pretty underwhelming. What’s the point of these when IEMs exist? I want to understand what you guys are hearing, because it seems pretty dope. Is it an issue with fit? Do I need different foams and those earhook thingies? They definitely feel like they barely sit in my ears. Is that right?

2 Likes