Earbuds Discussion Thread

Nice!! Do share your impressions if you can :raised_hands:

3 Likes

What cable did u choose?

Im very hyped for sunniva :grimacing: also totem

3 Likes

Aye me too…I trust Jim’s work so the odds on the dice roll are good lol…went with

6 Likes

Oooo baby

2 Likes

I can’t with Jim though.

Ripples was the best for…5 months, and then a new flagship that’s better than Ripples comes out.

I absolutely cannot keep up with this kind of turnover, and then do anything else with any other kind of transducer…or I have to sell Ripples to get Sunniva.

Motherfloodpucker!

5 Likes

I doubt it’s plain better. Maybe slightly or sidegrade. There’s a limit… Right?!

2 Likes

That’s sexy as hell. I need that

1 Like

Word on the street from people that have heard it is Sunniva is better and Jim’s own description is it’s his new flagship, while Ripples is more to his personal target.

More choices and models is never bad, when someone is this good at tuning and crafting.

But we went from Alpha->Tantalus->Serratus to
Serratus->Totem->Ripples=>Carbon->Sunniva in like less than a year. That’s…ARGH!!! I WANT ALL THE POKEMON!!!

3 Likes

That’s…

Compared to ChiFi and their MKI, MKII, MKII pro, MKIII Pro ++ oh and Colab’s :sleeping: bored of their IEM game play…get off the Merry-go-round and enjoy the :musical_note: and save :moneybag:

Edited for the Colab’s :smile:

1 Like

Try to have patience and stalk the used market; there’s plenty of other “Trainers” out there with money burning holes in their pockets and only so many “Pokemon” to keep on the shelf…

4 Likes

Aye a different tuning, might work better with some folks libraries than others…I’m happy to pay and play to find out :smile:

2 Likes

And having friends who will let me demo is a big win @MMag05 :heart:

1 Like

IMG_2084

And friends who find time to articulate well reviews and thoughts you’re unwilling to haha. Y’all will always get first go at any of the Pokémon I can’t contain or aren’t fit for my gym.

4 Likes

Jim’s had quite a bit of Interest in his Sunniva so far about 20 pre-orders, mine being #15 :+1:

6 Likes

TBH, $350 is not really a massive number, IEMs of that price gets easily sold in large quantity. And those who already have a taste of Jim’s tuning will find it pretty hard to resist a new TOTL at such a price. I know I couldn’t.

That said, I asked earlier but did not get any response, so I am asking again - has anyone heard a newbsound earbud, namely the Legend? I bought one recently at a great deal…in fact, the maker of newbsound, Bisoy Sisan himself sent me the head-fi classifieds listing, since I bugged him quite a few times to make a Legend for me :smiley: an awesome guy I have to say.

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that too, you’ll have to let us all know your thoughts when get them :+1:

1 Like

Will do that for sure. I am always pleased to write down my thoughts :smiley:

2 Likes

Will be great to know it’s sound signature as I asked Bisoy previously about the Newbsound tuning and he couldn’t tell me and refused to describe the sound qualities past it being his tuning preference which to be fair was a little off-putting so I decided to move on.

The fact that @Rikudou_Goku was using the same drivers but at a cheaper price, was based in the EU with clear model descriptions and forum participation also probably didn’t help push me to inquire further.

Looking forward to your write up :+1:

7 Likes

In other news, just found out that my Rholupat 9th Anniversary will probably be out for delivery today or tomorrow! Excited :star_struck:

3 Likes

I ordered right after you. Mine is #16! Stoked to get them in, currently own the Serratus and Tantalus. Have demoed Ripples just something didn’t quite hit me right with them. Either way had to give Sunniva a try. Jim’s builds just have what I consider to be blissful tonality across the entire range. Not to mention it’s a pleasure to support him as an artist, a person who lives up to his standard and is so quick to engage with us in chat.

5 Likes