Earbuds Discussion Thread

They can fuck off lol.

Buy Rikubuds

8 Likes

No please no :disappointed:

4 Likes

Haha you’re not a fan of Penon? I don’t think there will be a big impact on his sales… At least I hope his quality doesn’t change!

Bit puzzled why he needs a distributor taking a cut instead of making on demand and selling directly… unless he’s trusting others with the manufacturing from this point?

1 Like

Well if it’s only distribution, then maybe that cut is easier on him than 1:1 shipping to Asia.

Like how some Asian DIYers offer discounts for larger orders because that must make more logistical sense for shipping internationally

2 Likes

Is anyone?

5 Likes

Outside their little head-fi bubble, no. Nobody else is ghost riding the dick

2 Likes

I was talking to him about this since I will chat with his work the odd time, but this is actually a pretty good thing imo!
He will still be producing the earbuds himself, this just makes it easier for Asia users to get a hold of his earbuds.
Penon does have a not great history, yes, but this is with their own products and not others.
Genuinely, don’t be upset about this. It just makes accessibility better.

2 Likes

I guess I shouldn’t feel safe here if I said I like the ISN H30 I bought from them over a year ago…

1 Like

You can like their gear!

I’m famously in love with my Penon Serial, but if I recommend anything Penon I usually add a disclaimer about their practices so people can decide to look past it or not for themselves. I almost always get their gear second hand so that takes away financial support anyway.

I think people here for the most part respect “you like what you like”.

7 Likes

I also bought Yanyin sets from Penon and have no complaints!

1 Like

Being a fan of (unfortunately) their gear is one thing, liking Penon themselves on the other hand is not.

(although ISN IS Penon fyi.)

1 Like

It is my understanding that Penon tries to influence reviews by dictating comparisons to IEMs of their own choosing and will blacklist reviewers that do not cooperate. Is that about right? If so, then they will run out of honest reviewers upon contact, like a fast-acting poison.

2 Likes

yes that is one of the shitty things they do.

2 Likes

EARBUD REQUIRED LISTENING
New Friday Album Releases
Some things are just better with ‘buds’…

On VE Sun Copper & TGX SBS
Beautiful

7 Likes

Lovely on earbuds, her new album is delicate and interesting.
Relaxed evening with earbuds, FranQL creations today. Right now on the dense and full sounding Caelum , running off tubes with Feliks Audio Echo .

2 Likes

Great minds!!! - I was using the Feliks Elise with updated PsVane CV-181 Mk2 “Gold” Tubes to match the Euforia Evo.

They do build nice amps.
Now I’m pissed I didn’t take a pic before with tube glow :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Lovely amp that one, tried Elise some years ago. It has a warmer and more tube-like sound than ECHO, ECHO is still very good and synergies is excellent when I’m driving my ZMF headphones.

Still want to upgrade mine, but not now :smiley:

VE Zen 3.0 next for the evening, then we talk about good tube pairing.

2 Likes

Zen 3.0 on TUUUUUBES - I know it’s cold in Norway but that’s a lot of warmth :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah for sure its a warm and energetic pairing, good for a basshead like me :heart_eyes:
Look forward to the new VE SM Gold, cheaper but still interesting to see what Lee has cooked up there.

1 Like