Edifier S3000Pro discussion topic

Hello guys!

Want to open Edifier S3000Pro discussion topic for everyone to share experiences with these bad boys.

Looking to upgrade from KEF Q100 and seeking some input.

For me Edifiers and Swans remain “underground” brands compared to more common speakers. Now leaning towards Elac Uni-fi FS5 slim towers due to their dedicated mid range driver.

I think I’m not the only one wondering how good they are.

3 Likes

I’m very interested in that pair.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Klipsch r-51pm and a r-100sw sub.

Getting the Klipsch kit will be more expensive but I’ll probably get more bass.

My plan is to use them in my living room to play basically everything.

What you guys think?

Get the edifiers see if there’s enough bass. If not go minidsp hd + sub of your choice.

Tried the edifier and it sounds very nice, but I don’t know about the bass. It’s not because is weak but I don’t know if I consider enough.

Do you think the Klipsch RP-600M plus a sub will be a comparable set (of course it will have more bass).

The klipsch rp600m are non active so you’d have to buy an amplifier + the sub. Way more expensive if you consider the s3000 is 800$ i think in the US. Don’t know about the bass. Never heard neither of them. Zreviews for both these speakers.

There’s a pro on the Klipsch side: I really want to have a surround sound in a near future.

Zeos seems very impresses with Edifier’s and called Klipsch’s the Gold Standard, but I don’t know how they compare to each other.

Hi guy’s!

I’m new here.

I stumbeled across this topic and had to leave a reply, because i own both the RP-600M’s and the Edifier 3000 Pro’s.

The RP 600M’s are very good speakers but the S3000 Pro’s are a step above in almost any way exept dynamics and volume.

The RP 600M’s can play really loud and dynamic as well but it will sound like it is forced upon you on louder volume levels. Although they really improved the horn design i think they will work better if your listening position is further away. And i think they will be really good for home theater, with a sub off course.

The S3000 Pro’s are dynamic and play pretty loud as well, but because the sound is so controlled and clean you’ll never get annoyed or fatigued with it’s presentation.

Both speakers are analytic and detailed in sound presentation.

And those planar ribbon tweeters in the S3000 Pro’s are absolutely ridiculous at this pricepoint. I only heard that kind of top end candy on Aurum Phonologue speakers costing many times more.

I have used the same equipment cables and stands on both loudspeakers exept the power amps when i listened to the Edifiers off course.

Rotel RC 1070 Preamp
Rotel RB 1080 Poweramp
Rotel RB 1090 Poweramp
Oehlbach NF 214 Interlinks throughout the system
Kemp Hi Power Cords throughout the system
Kemp linear powersupply for the Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Plus

I can’t give a opinion on the bluetooth capability’s of the Edifiers because i only listen to them through a pre amp and separate dac with a home theater pc as a source.

Hope this info suits you guy’s well.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers,

Noel.

1 Like

I really wanted these for my TV-setup when sold the previous ones in need of cash, but they where just a bit too much with shipping. Would have not needed the current Maia Preamp and could have just used the Edifiers.
Was updating my surround speakers so money was tight then… so JBL 305P that was.

Maybe some day the Edifiers will be here.

I have the S3000 Pro’s connected to my TV. How can there not be enough bass? There’s metric shittons of it! Or at least, plenty enough for me.

I will say, buying the matching stands makes a huge difference.I was waiting for the stands to come in so they had to make do on the floor - the difference with them up off the floor is huge, they sound really nice now. But yeah, there’s oodles of bass, and that’s on the default setting.

There again, you may like your bass more than I do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had edifier s3000pro for 5 days now. I did not go to work for 3 days. Just listening to music.

3 Likes

I have the stands to go with them… Very nice.

9 Likes

I’ve also bought them recently and I’m very impressed. I had the Jamo S 803 + SMSL AD18 previously, but I think that Edifiers are a bit more natural sounding, impactful with the bass and pretty much I like them more (I’m not an expert tho, it’s only my opinion). I’m treble-sensitive, but I have no problems with Edifiers. I barely hear the difference between the DSP modes, but yeah, as Zeos said, the dynamic DSP sounds the best overall. I haven’t placed them well enough right now, so the bass could even hit harder, which would be very good for movies, but I’ll try that later on. I’m also surprised that I found the lowest price of them in my country (514$), usually the prices for audio stuff here in Bulgaria are waaay higher in comparison. The only thing I’m concerned about active speakers is, the dac/amp thing is built-in, so if it fails (hope it never does), the whole speaker fails? I don’t know what you guys think about active speakers, do you usually have the same concerns?

If it’s a high quality active speaker that’s not a huge concern to me, if it has a warranty that’s even better. Also in a passive speaker setup, if an amp fails, there are some ways it can take out the speakers connected to it as well, so there is a risk in passive too (but it’s not as much of a risk as active in comparison)

Well, it’s not really Focal quality, but the Edifiers seem pretty well built and beautiful (except the too-much-light-reflective grills), considering it’s from China. I’m not concerned about it for now, I’m happy with what I see and hear. :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s a pretty quality speaker for the price, a fair amount of sound and features for the money

I actually have Zeo’s Edifier’s. I picked them up after RMAF. When I asked him why he was going to get rid of them, he said, “I have the Swans and they are for real men”. Take that for what it’s worth. Haha

I do love the Edifiers though. My “daily driver”

Has anyone tried the monitoring mode of the speakers? Are they acceptable for studio mixing and mastering with this mode? I love how mine sound, but I just haven’t heard good studio monitors so far to compare them with.

I’d love to have bought the Swans, but just can’t get them in the UK

2 Likes

Also mention on http://www.swanspeaker.com/dealers/dealers.aspx

www.itemaudio.com [email protected]
Tel: 0044 1782 621225

www.iplacoustics.co.uk [email protected]
Telephone and fax - (0)1271 867439

Also Swans can be bought / ordered from other EU countries so it’s just “Order Away”.

Hi all, a bit late to the party ! I am looking for some advice on ways to stream Spotify/ Tidal to these speakers …I used Bluetooth a lot but when I connect my smart TV via optical to stream music I definitely hear better quality sound . I have been looking at the blu sound node 2i but open to any other options … thanks.