Edifier S3000Pro discussion topic

After watching Zeos’ review of these speakers, I bought a pair:

As you can see, these are massive! These replaced my old pair of AudioEngine A5+ and I am very happy. Sound is open, powerful and detailed. Base is big and tight. Highs are detailed, highly separated but can be a little sharp under “Monitor” and “Vocal” DSP settings. I have these running of a Schitt Magni / Modi 2 stack. They sound amazing on both low and high gain, though I prefer high gain.

I couldn’t recommend these enough!

6 Likes

So do I !!

2 Likes

Looks great - what stands are you using?

Tauris sp148a adjustable speaker stands. About $150USD ($300AUD). Great value, especially for desks!

1 Like

You’ve got the Beyer Tygr! Nice. What do you think of them? I’ve heard they’re the DT880’s with bigger soundstage and deeper bass? I would’ve gotten them had I not already bought the X2HR’s

The TYGR tends towards the DT990 tonally, but without the peaks in the highs.
In addition, it is easier to drive and therefore makes fewer demands on an AMP.

That means it is equipped with noticeably more bass and stage and sounds more open than the DT880.

However, in my opinion, the DT 880 has better imaging and more precise details.

1 Like

I may have a hint for you.

Try to align the two speakers almost straight ahead and set the “Monitor” mode.

The voices separat off the two monitors fantastically, you get a beautiful stage over the short distance that is very precise and easy to perceive.

In the beginning, I also directed it towards the seat.
Then I realized that if you set it up almost straight, the stage really opens up and the musical presentation is much more accurate.

2 Likes

I’ve had these speakers for about a month now. Had them on the desk next to each monitor like I see in a couple of the photos above and they sounded very good. I moved stuff in the room so the speakers could be a few feet further away and wow that made a massive difference. If you have the space try it because the improvement is definitely worth the hassle.
Regarding the low end: they sound good without one but they’ll sound much better with a sub and the frequency cut off at 80hz. Right now I’m using the sub from the S350DB 2.1 setup while I wait for a 10" sub to be delivered and even with the under classed 8" sub there’s a significant improvement.
Since that 2.1 setup comes with annoying interconnects that require everything go thru both the sub and one satellite I put the 2 satellites up as a rear stage. I was worried it was gonna muddy things up but in fact it sounds pretty darn good. Using the remotes for each pair I got things balanced then just use the computer or DAC to adjust the master volume. Can’t wait for my sub to arrive.

I also love these speakers. The electronics in the speaker are surprisingly good for the price and don’t sound like usual chi-fi stuff. I’ve been buying Edifiers since their very first S series nearly 20 years ago, and boy have the electronics come a long way. This use to be their weakest point.

They really do NEED a sub though. Piano does not sound natural without one. Mid-bass I find is all wrong. Treble is very detailed and clear and the mid range is more than good enough.

I use a modi 3 paired with a HSU uls-15 and allo Digione (coax) to output music to the edifiers and the sub at the same time. My sub is crossed over at 275hz and placed in between my speakers. I also turn the bass on the speakers down to the lowest setting, -6db. This massively improves on what I think is this speakers biggest weakness, mid bass and to a smaller extent sub bass. Might seem crazy to add $1,000 in subs, dac and transport, but these speakers are that good.

Classical is my favorite setting. Dynamic has sharp treble that causes fatigue very quickly. Bluetooth sounds… bad

Oh, one more thing, I find USB to sound very noisy as well.

1 Like

275hz! Wow- I won’t be able to go quite that far but my future sub (Rogersound Labs 10S) will go up to 200 so I will try that for sure. Thanks for the tip!

Love mine too! Just added an 8in emotive sub to the mix and am beyond impressed.

5 Likes

I bet that sounds sweet. My Edifiers are almost exactly the same distance-wise from my listening position. Slightly off topic but the baffle behind each speaker- can you give an idea of how much they improved the sound? Was it a pretty clear difference?

Honestly man, I never listened to them on the stands in that position without the foam. I added those and a carpet to neutralize the echo of the room. The foam was like 30 bucks on amazon, worth taking a day and playing around with it.

Going to try this. I just got a Emotiva S8, I went the other way, have it at around 80hz and the bass on the speakers are roughly %75. Running RCA to the sub and balanced to the speakers. Have the topping dx7pro set to rca/xlr out. It sounds great to me but you don’t know what you are missing until you hear it!

1 Like

Apos Audio delivered my DX7 Pro today- China to California in 3 days. Apos is awesome.
I’ll be doing a very similar set up as soon as my sub arrives- hopefully in the next week or 2 it’ll be here.

1 Like

Hello! I bought a pair of S3000PRO on Black Friday.
Overall I’m satisfied, but at the bass, at certain frequencies, you can hear a noise/like a vibrations-when some elements are not fixed inside the speaker) …(you can hear it coming out of the bass reflex hole)
I ask those who have this model to check (I recommend with the songs “Burry a Frend” and “Bad Boys” - Billie Eilish. - It is more evident/present in this melodies.
Please, check and answer. I need to know if it is ok or not. If I will return this speakers or not)
Thank you

1 Like

I have not experienced anything but clean sound from my s3000pros, do you have them on stands? Before I got these I got the s2000pro mrkII and one of the drivers made a weird noise, I put them back in the box send them back and got the s3000, I also have s2000pros in my bedroom and they have been flawless. Maybe something came loose in shipping. You should return them and get a different pair. They are extremely easy to work with, you can also make a video and send it to them, they may just send you a replacement unit.

1 Like

Holy cow! I’ve noticed the exact same problem a few days ago… I noticed this the most while listening to:

Röyksopp - Here She Comes Again - Radio Edit

I guess e have the same issue. Is this rattling/sticky sound on your left speaker as well? I think I’ll return them for repair, I can’t stand imperfections.

I have them on the stands, which are so beautiful by the way! And 100$ for so much solid and beautiful materials on those stands… I think it’s a bargain. I am not yet sure how they improve the sound, but at least now it is much easier to move them around.

S3000 Pro desktop bros

5 Likes