Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim IEM - Impressions, Discussions, Pictures, and Comparisons

!!! Jesus, that’s quite high, huh? That might be nice on some sets for sure…

1 Like

oh boy…

740 usd for something this niche is…

4 Likes

The OG Pilgrim through the Onix X Alpha is suoerb, bigger more expansive with more depth. The bass is crazy good/Huge the Synergy between these 2 is off the charts.

2 Likes

Yeah, that sounds great! I’m also using a dual 6.35 to XLR female adapter. XLR would be practical for me since many of my headphone cables are already terminated with XLR.

That looks fantastic, and that moderate boost is just right for my taste, as they don’t need much more bass. I remember @ToneDeafMonk mentioning the synergy between the Pilgrim OG and a specific Shanling DAP with a moderate output impedance, and now we can see why.

2 Likes

Shanling M5 Ultra with its Balanced 4.4 out at 6.6 ohms is wonderful synergy adds a bit into the middle and lower mids for a more balanced sound.

1 Like

Hopefully RME will manage to find some space for it. I absolutely don’t mind slight increase in size. The remaining equipment in my chain is easily 3-7X the size of RME Pro

1 Like

Have you tried using Pilgrim with any impedance adaptor on an other DAP?

Oh no, typical Shanling (H5, H7)

Have you tried it with sensitive iems?

I have not my set is sent out on tour so i dont have a chance for a while.

1 Like

Do let me know whenever you get a chance.

Pilgrim vs Pilgrim noir ( a short comparison)

Had the pleasure of demoing the pilgrim noir. So thought why not make a comparison?

In terms of design and looks, i straight up prefer the looks and aesthetics of the noir. The black shell and gold nozzle look sexy. It also does not have the shiny parts on the faceplate like the pilgrim, so no issues of scratches as well. I do not have to mention the better cable on the noir. The fit and comfort is the same on both

Now the sound, noir sounds warmer and smoother to me. People who find the original pilgrim to be on the thinner and brighter side then, they will prefer the noir. I am on the side of pilgrim, i like its slightly energetic tuning. The noir has a slight mid-bass increase plus its upper mids and treble are reduced . The vocals sound more extended on the pilgrim and more relaxed and laid back on noir. Noir lacks a bit of treble air for me as compared to noir, this is done to make it sound darker. the bass texture and detail is same.

The technical performance is slightly better on the pilgrim, due to its tuning. But there is not a big difference.

I can see people considering noir, but IMO it is a bit on the pricier side. I wish they priced it more aggressively.

1 Like

after seeing this graph, i have to try my pilgrim’s with an impedance adapter as well. Btw, after using impedance adapters do you see any hit to bass quality and texture? Does the bass driver sounds like it is overworking, affecting the sound?

So Noir do sound a bit mature ? As you said Pilgrim seems more resolving due to the tuning they had opted for ?

Noir sounded fuller. Like weighted, slightly relaxed as well. I think it is a good IEM but 400$ extra good?? I don’t think so.

1 Like
3 Likes

Someone I know is selling it around $650, would that be a good deal for the Noir, I mean over the regular model

Im more curious if you can use PEQ to turn the regular one into the Noir.

4 Likes

No monies my dear friend, no monies xD