Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim IEM - Impressions, Discussions, Pictures, and Comparisons

same with AR Rahman’s albums from 90s.

1 Like

No I am not aware of him. I will take a listen tonight.

Do let me know what you think.

1 Like

Zeos and super* review got me into this hobby.

It was my dad who made me listen to a lot of audio products but Zeos helped me to boost my curiosity in college to start in this Hobby.

Even now, when I feel demotivated, I watch zeos for 2/3 days - and it replenishes all my energy

2 Likes

I always got hand me down Discman and MP3 players from my cousins during my childhood which I have always been grateful for.

I’ve always loved cars in general and as soon as I started earning for myself, I got into car audio. Entered Personal audio lot later.

1 Like

I watch Zeos only when I have to feel good about the product I have already bought :smiley: JK

1 Like

Pilgrim Impressions are coming… I forgot about this Forum :saluting_face:

1 Like

Impression 1 :

It doesn’t seem that Pilgrim is asking for power or do I say it is scalable with more power. I was using a simple dongle dac then upgraded to a more powerful dongle - the improvement is there but it is not staggering to say the least. I respect this. But DACs do matter a lot, layering especially gets a huge boost.

2 Likes

Pilgrim is not very demanding and not very scaling either. It sounds good if you provide her with a decent source.

2 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of these on the second hand market week to week… not sure if that’s a red flag.

2 Likes

I can appreciate a difficult to drive IEM but I feel that sort of beats the purpose of portability and form factor. An IEM should be able to give you 90% of its sonic performance with a dongle DAC and the manufacturers can leave the remaining 10% for scalability. That’s my opinion.

1 Like

Impression 2: The giver ear tips are the best for me. 1) It is super comfortable 2) It does the sealing well enough 3) The SpinFit like - Rotating head is a plus

If we talk about a particular pairing with this IEM
Again, the stock tips are great to use
The DivinusVelvet is doing something with the low end that I don’t like
The Final tip is doing something with the treble that I don’t like (Tech takes a back seat)

The eartips that come included with Pilgrim are Spinfit CP100 as far as I know. While the eartips are really comfortable I felt that they didn’t provide the best seal for me.

I do agree that Final Type E did tame the treble however it didn’t feel natural.

The best pairing for me was with Eletech baroque tips and then followed by Velvet tips.

1 Like

Any recommendations for a cable upgrade that someone is using?

1 Like

Hakugei Lucky Voice $45 was a excellent sounding pairing.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrbphSC

1 Like

This is a beautiful cable man. I am using the Pilgrim with Vortex Eddie Squared now. It’s a good combo as well(although the cable is around 250$).

Thanks for the feedback. First times with this type of connector on the Pilgrim. Do all cables with mmcx plugs fit the pentaconn connection?

I don’t think so man, Pentaconn is a different connector on its own.

Nice to see people are having same findings