Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim IEM - Impressions, Discussions, Pictures, and Comparisons

On that note

Impression 3

Pentaconn Connector is amazing.

1. Zero Connection Problems like MMCS
  2. Feels way more robust than 2-pin
  3. The connection disconnection is smooth

But the problem I am having is - I can’t find a Balanced pentaconn cable in my city to try it with balanced connection

Impression 4 :

The sub-bass on this IEM is way better than the midbass, in terms of resolution. I get where the wires are starting to play. I would definitely want to try Effect Audio Cadmus cable but that cable does include a bit of lower-mid recession, which I won’t like (at least any further with this IEM). So it is making me curious about the Noir

Impression 5:

Upper Mids

• The upper mids are not sibilant
  • Controlled
  • I need some extension for my ears
  • Smooth
  • Resolution is perfect
  • Some air extension can be felt
  • I won’t call it a sparkly upper-mids
  • Very realistic timber

Impression 6 :

Lowe Mids (Most difficult range to find flaws in this Set)

• Very Neutral
  • Aptly textured
  • Good resolution and details
  • Zero Bleed from the bass section
  • Tastefully Enhanced Timber
  • Incredibly dynamic
  • Zero Dryness & roughness
  • No as heady as I heard from other reviewers, space can be felt

Impression 7 :

Treble

• Vert safe treble for every genre
  • Wet (Absolutely love this)
  • Effortless (No Forced Peaks)
  • Very organic detail retrieval
  • Need a bit of an extension
  • Note Falloffs are a bit blurred
  • Timber is a bit weighted
  • Resolution is apt
  • Kept craving for trailing edges
  • The attack and bite are a bit missing
  • Well Suited for longer listening sessions

Impression 8:

Pilgrim isn’t as heady as everyone is saying it is. It is not spacious to my ears but at the same time, it is not heady. Vocals are spaced out, and the 3D Factor is fairly out of the skull.
Pilgrim’s soundstage alone reminded me of Studio 4.

I rest my case. I fully evaluated Pilgrim and these are my impressions.

You’re a mad man for separating this into 8 different posts but thanks for sharing! lol

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, these are written for 5 different posts but I feel like everyone just moved on from this set now & no one is discussing the impressions. Got a few parcels in my mail, will update in those threads. Thanks for reading the impressions.

2 Likes

I think the issue that any iem has in that 300-600 range is that it has to be either really good or really cheap, and Pilgrim is just pretty good and pretty cheap. Not to the point of bringing big excitement. Although I really wish 64 Audio would do a cheaper iem their latest one is still 900 and is packaged like a 50 dollar one. So it’s in a weird spot for sure.

3 Likes

I think this IEM is a great alternative to Studio 4. Newer and better, ofc if 64 Audio comes into play, it would be more fun.

Now, I am waiting for Pilgrim TBH. After listening to it for 8 days for 8 focused sessions that I described. I think Impression 6 & 4 can be improved furthermore

I just never felt compelled to buy any 64Audio IEMs. Tried the U12T, Trio, Fourte and Volur and while they’re good in their own way, they just didn’t bring the enjoyment I wanted. Volur came close but not enough for me to feel compelled to get it.

volur sounds good, but that price tag is a little more than what i can afford to pay for it.

1 Like

The treble felt a bit subdued, lacking the sparkle and energy. The midrange seemed slightly recessed, which affected the presence of vocals and instruments. Although the bass was generally well-controlled, it sometimes came across as overly prominent, overshadowing the midrange and treble. The soundstage, while decent, wasn’t as expansive as some other IEMs I’ve tried, limiting the sense of space and separation. Additionally, the Volur didn’t quite extract the finest details from recordings, leading to a less resolving sound, and the imaging occasionally felt less precise, impacting the overall placement of instruments and vocals.

1 Like

At the price of Volur, I would blindly pickup Nostalgia Audio Camelot. Such an amazing iem, my God, I was amazed by how magically musical it was with the Onix Mystic XP1

2 Likes

Well the Camelot is a different level Beast. I am sure you are enjoying it!!

1 Like

Do share your thoughts. I’ve been hearing a lot of praises for Ruby and Camelot.

I am in tears, I was enjoying it so much yesterday but there is an issue, once you try Camelot, you need a refresher before you start your own iems. Verdandi is trying very hard to get there but I am still missing the musicality that I got from Camelot + Lancelot

2 Likes

I have infact written a small citation, will share once completed

The Camelot + Lancelot combination must be quite impressive. Verdandi might indeed take some time to fully appreciate, especially if Camelot set a very high bar for you.

Could you share more about what aspects of musicality you’re missing with Verdandi compared to Camelot + Lancelot? It might help to pinpoint what’s lacking and see if there’s any way to adjust or enhance your current setup to get closer to that ideal experience.

1 Like