Endgame Speakers

Most likely some tower speakers that I wouldn’t have space for. I have no idea what towers I would want because I haven’t really explored them due to the space constraints. I’ve had a hard time finding this level of performance without a significant price spike in a bookshelf. As stupid as it sounds, I might want to pick up ATC SCM45As. I was absolutely in love with these speakers when I heard them, and I would love to own a pair. It’s realistically the most I would spend living where I am now. If I wanted to go higher, I would most likely move and have a dedicated sound treated listening room for higher end speakers

ive Heard the SCM 40’s and they were sweet.

If my space and budget allowed…

Yeah, there pretty great but hard for me to justify. I should also say that I am using the special 40s with two Rythmik F12s in stereo, with the speakers being powered by a parasound Halo A 21+ amp. My preamp is a ps audio stellar gain cell preamp. I could definitely use the special 40s without subs, but I like that extra omph in my music ya kno

Edit: all wired with Amazon basics cables lol (except the speakers)

1 Like

Right on.

My apartment living situation means no subs. So that’s why initially Buchardts were my
Focus.

1 Like

Something that’s pretty funny is the svs ultra bookshelf’s (and most of their lineup), created by SVS, a company that makes high end SUBWOOFERS, have very little bass under 70hz. It’s almost like they made it that way to get people to buy one of their subs to go along with it…

Actually, I looked into those. I was looking at a bookshelf+sub combo that worked together so integration was better.

My neighbor has a sub. I don’t like his sub. I want to make it go missing.

So no subs for me.

Right now I’m using my ultra bookshelf’s on a desk, and they sound really good as well in nearfield, but are too bass light to use in a room from farther away imo. I’m using a nad d3045 to power these, along with a svs sb2000 for my sub, but I don’t use that sub super often because it doesn’t sound that great in the room I have it in.

Edit: they’re a little too big though for desk, but I use them on one anyway

1 Like

So here’s what you do about that neighbor problem. You buy a boxy cargo van for cheap, and build the best spl build you can, and don’t treat the inside so it rattles like hell, install a remote engine start and stop, and have a cheap mp3 player always plugged into the cars power playing various frequency sine tones 50hz, 40hz, 30hz, 25hz, and park it as close as you can. You drill a hole in the side of the car and install a port that lets out to the outside of the car, and boom, you get to press a button from the comfort of your home and make anyone immediately regret living there.

Although this wouldn’t work if you live in a high rise

Edit: maybe implement a self destruct feature for emergencies when someone inevitably tries to break in and shut it down. Have it overheat the amps and start a fire or something idk

3 Likes

If you mean because they are studio monitors, I don’t think that 's stupid at all. Pro gear looks…well, functional and not part of the decor. Aside from that, it seems like a great deal for those who want full range neutrality.

Well I kinda say that because I’ve definitely heard more enjoyable, musical speakers that I really enjoyed, but something about those ATC really got to me, and I don’t know what and why. I do some mixing/mastering work on the side, so I already have a lot of studio/production equipment as well, but it’s just something that I can kinda justify in my mind for both work and pleasure, and that’s kinda why I would seriously consider buying them. I have yet to pull the trigger though

100% with you. Heard them at a local gathering and still thinking about them.

I wish their stand mounts could get into the low 40’s/high 30’s so I could Consider them. I’m pretty much relegated to stand mounts unfortunately.

I’m so tempted to pull the trigger on the SCM45As because I know someone who could give me a good price as long as I also bought a pair of SCM0.1/15SLs (all 2nd hand). I just have to convince myself that I don’t need them. Its so tempting to say that it’s for work, because I sometimes do some mastering on the side of my normal job, but I definitely am just fine without these lol. I don’t need to throw away more money on overkill stuff

“If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing”

Pull the trigger. It will feel good after that. :wink:
at least i don’t feel bad (any more after $ situation was stabilized) for the current endgame setup. Might have a buy hangover for a while but let the music take it away.

2 Likes

I will hold my self back by first treating my room more and consider after that. I need to hold off a little bit and consider if it would be worthwhile to move so I can get a room more ideal just for speakers, because all I would want to do is get them and have my room hold me back

(I can only have so many layers of rugs over bamboo flooring before it gets a bit absurd)

Update: my room really is pretty bad, and I will most likely move before I invest in the ACT’s, so I just decided to buy an Abyss AB-1266 PHI TC and a HeadAmp GS-X Mk2, something else that I’ve wanted to grab for a while. Alot more usable imo for me atm

2 Likes

Since I can’t edit my previous post anymore, I decided to take the plunge and went and did it lol. I am in the process of selling my 2nd car and also decided to start construction on an addition to my house that’s fully treated for a studio, and am planning on buying some used PMC MB3 XBD-A from someone I met since I could never get over those and now with the extra funds that will be coming in soon, I can further my studio work to the next level (and enjoyment lol) as I have been getting more and more work from businesses for mastering.

If you ever get the chance to check out any PMC speakers, do it because they are crazy lol

Now the main issue is that once it’s all said and done, I will start to notice weak points in my studio signal chain (hopefully they aren’t too bad). I cannot wait and I have no desire to get any other speakers after this (probably because I won’t afford to be able to lol)

Edit: I also plan to start to try and master on reel to reel in the future for even more fun :wink:

Edit 2: Holy fucking shit I just got offered an incredible deal on a BB6 XBD-A setup as long as I buy from him within a week because he need the cash. Welp time to get home and think about it and try and figure out how much I will hate myself in the future.

5 Likes

That sounds amazing. You must post pics once you’re done.

1 Like

Depends lol, I would like to but unfortunately I can’t due to my main job for privacy and security reasons. A headphone and studio family portrait would be nice lol. If I ever get successful enough (for my standards) with mastering where I can quit my main job I might tho :wink:

2 Likes

Luckily my “endgame” speaker setup will not cost more than 10k. Problem is that is 10k :smiley: But one can dream and its not that crazy budget. Just have to keep away from making kids and buying cars. :smiley: I sound like a crazy asian audiophile now

That setup would be Klipsch Forte III or Cornwall IV (depening on current pricing), powered by Schiit Aegir as monoblocks, controlled by Freya+ and some balanced R2R dac.

3 Likes

The cornwalls are great. I got to hear the 4’s and they fill the room for sure. Super enjoyable speaker

1 Like

my god i just saw your spreadsheet setup on your bio :eyes:

1 Like