EXPENSIVE Albums you want to buy?

I have about 1000 cds. Most are boxed up and in the basement. I have maybe 100 of the one’s I’m most likely to listen to up in the bedroom where my stereo is. But seldom listen to any of them. Easier to just listen to the music I ripped to my PC, or downloaded. All that said, King Crimson keeps releasing box sets of old albums remastered along with extras, and charging higher prices than I’m willing to spend. So, when that happens, I take to the high seas as it were. Ahoy matey.

2 Likes

WHOAH. Respect lol. If you had to guess how many you buy a year? And was there a ultra rare expensive one among those?

Yeah, spent a lot of time getting them all ripped and rarely actually play CDs anymore

Me too lol, i got about 300 CD’s and they are all ripped to wave format on my comp. I would love to get the Guy Chadwick solo japanese CD. Has 2 songs not on domestic release. he was lead singer for house of love.

also would love to get the deluxe cd release of duran durans seven and the ragged tiger. when the remaster was released it caused a controversy, a lot of people hated the remaster. i can see why but it doesnt bother me that much. still i think they pulled it cause i cant find it anywhere. when it does come up its like 200$

1 Like

Damn 200 for an album is pretty tough lol. What happened with the remaster exactly? And what’s the pros to wave over a compressed lossless flac?

it sounds weird lol. idk its strange, i think its up on the streaming services.

theres nothing wrong with flac, its just i’ve heard about there being problems sometimes with it. wav just seems more trustworthy to me. and since storage has gotten so huge and cheap these days i dont really need to compress them

1 Like

Wav is uncompressed and easier to play and edit. Flac is the same quality but compressed. Just go with flac. Don’t really bother with wav

1 Like

I want that complete restored discography of vangelis that came our a couple of years back

2 Likes

Interesting. Yeah I had a wav file once but it just seemed too hard to deal with when it comes to editing tags. I just use flac

Gotta check it out and compare it to the original then lol

I don’t buy as many now. Most of them are from years ago, when it was my main hobby. I maybe buy 20 over a year now.

That’s where I am now. Every time I buy a new PC I dread going through it all over again.

Lol yeah, I just have a bunch of servers so I just have it all setup that way

~50 bucks for a double Pink Flyod “The Wall” release is the most I am willing to pay :smiley: I dont even think that vinyl sounds that much better or anything, but records themselves are soooo cool. You feel like you get something for your money, not just some files…

1 Like

was this album leaked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha one of the more reasonable people

I wish but it’s locked up in a room controlled vault in martin shkreli’s mansion I believe. We could try to raid it for the album

1 Like

I don’t think vynil sounds better at all.

I thought it was seized after he was convicted

It really depends. There are some albums that are mastered way better on vinyl compared to their cd counterpart, and if you have a good vinyl setup it can be a very enjoyable experience. It really depends on the situation though. I personally prefer digital but there are times when I can appreciate vinyl

1 Like