Expensive Comfortable Open Backs

bw, please define SOTA. :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s State Of The Art

1 Like

I knew thatā€¦but keep forgetting it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didnā€™t really like the Ether 2s, but thatā€™s probably because I have slight buyerā€™s remorse over the CX. They are fine, and I break them out time to time, but Iā€™m hesitant to buy another Dan Clark headphone without a long audition

But based on comfort alone, itā€™s ridiculous. All his headphones weigh next to nothing, and disappear on your head. Iā€™m just not crazy about the sound

The ADX5000 are the same for comfort. Soo light and comfortable imo

what are the ADX5000 like vs. the Stellia?

I pretty much prefer the adx5000 as itā€™s more detailed, has better imaging and soundstage, and is very comfortable. I donā€™t think it has the fun signature of the stellia, but I do really like it alot. Itā€™s not for everyone though, and you are comparing a closed back to an open back too

Aeolus is definitely warm and relaxed. Comfort is pretty great, havenā€™t felt uncomfortable in all the hours Iā€™ve put in on it. Since Iā€™ve got it Iā€™ve also had it on for gaming and you get lost in the hours of having it on, but I didnā€™t feel like I needed to take them off ever. I will say, there was a bit of getting used to them when I first got them because they were heavier than I was used to, but not heavy enough thereā€™d be problems. Honestly, theyā€™re probably the first headphone Iā€™ve had where I couldnā€™t think of any issues or problems about the build, sound, comfort, etc. Canā€™t complain.

3 Likes

I emailed ZMF to get an updated ship date which I normally never do, but Iā€™m itching for them

I guess I got lucky then (and I never get lucky with shipping lol)

Thanks for the review man trying to figure out what I wanna do for my next headphones I think I will be jumping in the deep end that is for sure! :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, so make sure you do as much research as possible lol, you want to make sure you jump into the deep end and not onto the pavement on the side of the pool lol

1 Like

You got one from the November sale though, right? Iā€™m sure some of those were already ready to ship. I, like always, was dumb and decided to make a big purchase in October, exactly a month before I should have. I did order new, so itā€™s still in the ā€œassemblyā€ status on the order page. Just one name ahead of me on both the Verite and Aeolus orders though

Thatā€™s why I have #blamem0n

Ah, gotcha. Yeah really enjoying the Verite so far, the fit and finish is top notch, and the sound is very enjoyable as well. Itā€™s given me a good impression of ZMF and now I want to go hear the rest of his lineup. Can recommend the Verite for sure though

1 Like

Iā€™m typing about it on another thread here, but definitely check headfi, sbaf, resolve reviews, and literally any other resource you can find. You may have to wade through some elitism, but there is a lot of info there. Especially when it comes to how your chosen headphones may pair with your planned sources. Like @Nick_Mimi said on another thread, you can fuck everything up by getting one great component when the rest of your chain isnā€™t

1 Like

I do think synergy is important, but it matters more with some headphones than others. You just need to decide on a headphone first and go from there

1 Like

From what i hear the ZMF cans are ok up to the Auteur and then the Verite may get picky.

Headphones or custom iems or both :laughing: