Favorite anime OST?

Recently I’ve been listening to anime osts such as megalobox and made in abyss. I’ve been really enjoying them and was wondering if anyone else could recommend other osts?

I recommend all of the following:

Hibike! Euphonium S1 and S2
Houseki no Kuni
Liz and the Blue Bird
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kimi no Na wa
Sakamichi no Apollon
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
SukaSuka
Spirited Away
Violet Evergarden

Tried to provide some YouTube links that have the entire OST, but for obvious reason not all of them are on YouTube.

Isn’t this redundant?

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/weeb-music-thread/810/57

By far samurai champloo is my favorite basically has my favorite OP and ED of all time

1 Like

There’s some recommendations

Recent favourites would be Made in Abyss and Your Lie in April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso).

Absolute all-time favourites would probably go to Mushishi, and Last Exile. Last Exile I mostly just listen to a select few tracks on their own, but the music just fits so well with the anime overall. Mushishi on the other hand I can listen to endlessly no matter how many years pass.

Another fantastic OST is the Makoto Shinkai Image Album “PROMISE” by TENMON (https://vgmdb.net/album/16895). I’m sad I don’t have the CD in my shelf right now, forgot it at a friends house when I moved. I need to get it back so I can enjoy it in its full glory.

Hellgirl / Jigoku Shoujo also has a pretty great OST. I mainly fell for the soundtrack because of the ending theme sung by Mamiko Noto. That one album sparked an import spree of various OST’s and Japanese music that lasted for well over a decade. CDJapan must have been very happy with me as a customer, not to mention that I seem to have gotten on a customs shit list as all my packages get stuck ever since :sweat_smile:

It’s cliche, but Cowboy Bebop is still an amazing OST. Anything that Yoko Kanno does is awesome.

1 Like

I don’t know much on this topic but I used to watch Dragon Ball then moved on to Naruto and Ninja Scroll. Got hooked on Naruto cause my gf at the time was obsessed with it.

AOT and The Promised Neverland’s are both really good.

Anything Yuki Kajiura

The Tower of God soundtrack is pretty good, of course I also love the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack as well.

The Jujutsu Kaisen OST is one of my favorites. Great energetic songs especially.
My favorite tracks:
Your Battle Is My Battle - Chica
Hollow Purple - Alisa Okehazama
REMEMBER - coldrain
JUJUSTU KAISEN - Hiroaki Tsutsumi and Alisa Okehazama
Self Embodiment of Perfection - Alisa Okehazama
The Words That Came From Deep Inside My Gut - Hiroaki Tsutsumi
Boogie Woogie - Yoshimasa Terui

“It’s the Right Time” from the anime Parasyte

debatable if true anime, however, it is undeniably based on a japanese manga (actually inspired the made in abyss manga)

Bleach opening

Here are more favorites of mine: