Weeb Music Thread

:>

For that exact reason I usually don’t.

Sawano Hiroyuki is bomb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1RDA1ipaU

Daz my favorite song but the entire album is pretty dope. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRrxVQ7DMm0

EDIT: I clearly dont know how embedding works.

Just watched Scum’s Wish (Kuzu No Honkai). Now I cry whenever I listen to this music. Thanks Masaru Yokoyama. I really needed that.

Youtube doesn’t do it justice. “Scum’s Wish,” “We Are Dating,” and “A Story of Two,” are magical in FLAC.

Just sliding in to drop these off.

1 Like

I already saw someone mentioning Hiroyuki Sawano further up. He’s one of my favorite composers and if you really want to have something with relistening value, he’s the first address.
His signature is creating intense soundtracks with many many layers that just fit together magically. Also he can do poppy stuff and emotional stuff. So he’s pretty much one of the rare guys who can do everything.

Have a listen to this:

Sawano Hiroyuki’s compositions would be good if not for his mastering of music. Everything he does these days is brick-walled and treble intensive, for pointless full loudness effect. A few years ago he had the same tendency but at a listenable level for me (ex. Guilty Crown). But these days is like 2x more brick-walled than back then.

Anyone want the Tenki no Ko OST album? FLAC 24bit

I get what you mean with treble intensive, but what do you mean with brick - walled?
His latest album was a bit intense but you know what you can do against that? Just lower the volume lol
Anyway, I am not a professional.

If you are not familiar with the concept, then there is a lot to explain.
This is what I mean by brickwall:

This is by Sawano Hiroyuki, and it is one of his older works. Notice how it looks like a wall? Hence bick-walling, loudness altered to almost max. Imagine these days is even worse, there is almost no quieter parts left. Turning the volume down would just turn it into this:

Notice what happens? The peaks in music are all gone. That information is lost because the overblown loudness clips the waveform and you are left with just part of it, all in order to make it as loud as possible.
This is how real music looks like:

Actual music is not just noise and nothing else, it should have dynamics. That means the sound is both quiet and loud at different parts for maximum artistic effect. No wave peaks are clipped, no audio information was lost in the mastering process. And your ears won’t explode from the wall of noise.

Hiroyuki also boosts the treble as much as possible on top of compressing it to the max and it gets to an incredible noisy mess. Even if I cut the volume down in half, it just doesn’t sound like actual music anymore…

5 Likes

Dragon Ball Super Broly had some good ones
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0WBjIZsymZeSbm41kL6TzOiuDqtJPqln

Decided to pop back here because I lost my phone, of which is my Google Authenticator app is in… ie I can’t log into my Head Fi account anymore T_T

1 Like

Yoko Shimomura’s compositions are amazing. But I am annoyed that not every OST in FFXV is mastered properly. They should not make them with the lowest common denominator in mind (the average gamer), since I had to make some treble adjustments to a lot of them but I really wanted them in my collection.

1 Like

This is like Japan x1000 for me.

Just saw what Wipeout Omega PS4 looked like (holy shit) and this was one of the songs (holy shit x2).
So yes, that’s full-on techno.

Edit: There’s 8 CDs of him on youtube right here, “ZUN’s Music Collection”. This is ALL part of some shoot-em-up games, all made by a certain ZUN, who also does all the songs himself too. Wow!

And basically anything else by Myth & Roid

I honestly don’t even know what to say, just listen.

Oh yeah, here is the live version as well.

In this type of mood this morning…
Hope everyone has a peaceful day :v:

Oh, how could I forget: Kenji Kawai’s “Reincarnation”, the full symphonic version off the album (listed as M10, Chant III), not the one used in the anime intro.

The reimagined version Kenji performed at the GitS 2017 movie premiere in Tokyo:

Wondering what intro music we’ll be getting in next year’s GitS:SAC_2045 show on Netflix. :slight_smile:

a lot of good music here surprised no one mentioned

beck is a great anime I prefer the fansub/Japanese audio version because they changed a song in the dub. wish they made a second season or did the FMA:brotherhood thing and did the whole series from the manga. The manga is awesome but hearing the music is important.
1 Like

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, to lazy to check.

4 Likes
1 Like