FD5 - Have you heard better for FPS gaming / positional accuracy?

You’re great at putting words into people’s mouths, huh? That’s why I made a post searching for potentially better stuff - because it’s just a joke or something. My bad.

I heard what I heard from the Oxygen, so you’re free to consider what I heard to be lies and slander. I’m OK with your disbelief, though we agree 100% about how FD5 sounds. Maybe it was my cable, or a bad unit? Dunno, but I didn’t like it, and you can keep pretending I never had an Oxygen. Whatever floats your boat, Boss. Oh, and how pointless it is to have an IEM for 7 months, then sell it a month ago, then suddenly lose all credibility to talk about it!

I dunno… There is something more direct with IEMs, I find. It’s probably the isolation, and no acoustic distortion that you can/could get with headphones. Which IEMs and headphones do you like most now for FPS?

[quote=“CT007, post:30, topic:27444”]
more direct with IEMs, I find. It’s probably the isolation, and no acoustic distortion that you can/could get with headphones. [/quote]

Sounds like you prefer the more intimate/forward presenation that iems have over headphones.

Koss KSC75, legit thats the transducer I use for anything competitive.

For games that arent competitive, I actually mute the sound from the game and just enjoy music (or youtube videos in the background) with my speakers usually or whatever fits my mood.

1 Like

I am tempted to buy both and try to settle the feud as both iems seem to be quite interesting. However my budget does not allow for that at the moment. If in the future I can get some experience with both I will come back

1 Like

Stop putting down our recommendations then, or do the obvious. Get an actual headset for gaming.

Your credibility concerning the Oxygen was lost when you incorrectly described it (graph even proved it), leaving me and the rest of us not to believe you ever owned it. No photo, no proof, mocking our recommendations (with proof of ownership) = no credibility.

Noticed this in the list of recently active threads – I haven’t read through it fully but might give some good pointers:

I love the idea :slight_smile: 3rd party testing! We should be able to kickstart you, no problem. Sadly, I don’t see an O2 on sale atm, but there’s an FD5 for $244 @ eBae. I think I paid $199 for my O2 or less.

Alright, it’s cheap. Why not lol. Heck.

1 Like

There are quite a few Koss products that fall in to the category that there is no reason they should be priced as cheap as they are…

I think that’s my FD5. It’s $225 here or on HeadFi because no ridiculous fees.

1 Like

Ksc75 and the kph30i are the ones I rec. Porta pro IMO is overrated in the face of its brothers.

2 Likes

It is overrated, full agree. But it also is better then it is priced or was better then it was priced. It has been a long while since I priced a Porta pro. Just looked it up $50 is still a reasonable value though I like their other products more… but for a fashion pair of headphones with really decent sound $50 is not bad at all.

The reason I think they are overrated. Is because the ksc75 and the kph30i exists.

1 Like

Send it over to @CarpentersFan to do an FD5 - O2 FPS showdown with first :wink: If only we can find someone with an O2 to send theirs, as well…

What about KSC75X…? Just a 75 + mic? :face_vomiting:

Yeah, just a mic version. Just get the ordinary ksc75 (and I also rec the kph30i).

Convince me lol. Not quite as good as 75…? Or as good, but less preferred sound sig?

I mean, for music, I prefer the KPH30i. its more up my alley in terms of its tonality. (also a more fun set for non-competitive gaming.)

But the KSC75 definitely wins for competitive for me, it has the ideal tonality for that, coupled with unbeatable comfort (only speakers beats them at comfort lol).

(for music, the preference between them is more due to your library. But both are great picks and I consider them both must-haves.)

1 Like

It’s been ages since I owned a pair of KSC75, but I’ve had tons of them as I went through school. They have great tonality, but I wouldn’t say that they have great comfort. Getting that clip to fit the best and be comfortable over time isn’t always straight forward. Their durability is also notoriously shite in my book, unless something has changed over the years.

For long term comfort and competitive, I personally would vote for either HD600 or HD700. I have like 20 years of combined listening on those two.

FD5 are so far the king in the IEM world for me when it comes to gaming. I also liked using the Starfields, but they just become a bit too stuffy in my ears for long gaming sessions. FD5 just reminds me of the airiness of Sennheiser and I suppose the semi-open / vented back of them does help quite a lot. The worst is when your ears become a sauna lol, more so now in summer.

4 Likes

I was so happy to get rid of these, gaming-wise lol. But thankfully 660 is a whole different story! Actually my fav FPS headphone up to its price. I just re-ordered one, and K712 again to try out with my new source hardware.

Also ordered a Starfield, finally! Though I’m not a fan of Kanas Pro’s dull sound :\ The fit of FD5 is not organic/natural for my ears, but certainly bearable. My ears suffer wearing Tape Pro, but rare sound like that is worth it ;p

Great point! I totally forgot about that feature :slight_smile:

1 Like