FD5 - Have you heard better for FPS gaming / positional accuracy?

I said I tried to sell my FD5, not the Oxygen. The Oxygen has a permanent place in my collection.

Are you saying you sold your FD5 easily for $250? That would make this entire thread pointless.

1 Like

I thought the point of this thread was recommending other sets for him with good imaging and stage for his gaming purposes. As far as I can tell that’s easy to continue doing whether or not he has the FD5s still?

The Oxygen vs FD5 was not the original point.

We did. In fact, @Rikudou_Goku was pretty spot on. If I still were to game, i wont use iems tho.

My point was only for him to enjoy what he has and that soundstage wasnt all he needed. Unless he wants a kilobuck rec, and with that im out, since i dont own any like Res does.

All about love and music, my dudes.

3 Likes

Yeah, unless isolation is something you need. I just cant see the reason on using iems over headphones.

2 Likes

Yeah and even needing isolation, you can get some nicd closed back/gaming headsets that might sound bad for music, but great for that 360 wide stage :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know you did, I was responding to the “this whole thread is pointless” comment where apparently if he no longer has the Oxygen and FD5 to hand, there’s no point making him recommendations. Seemed like an overreaction to the OP dismissing one of the recommendations, without being apparently qualified enough to do so.

1 Like

…and that’s exactly what was done. Where things went of track is when the OP began spewing incorrect information about the Oxygen, (which was one of the recommendations) and did not appear open to the idea that anything actually might be better than the FD5, especially regarding detail, imaging & stage.

I believe the OP meant he sold the Oxygen and not the FD5 but I asked the question since he showed a picture of his FD5 he supposedly has right now. Because of his wild claims, I wanted to see a picture of both sets (as I provided) which the OP only provided a picture of the FD5.

The thread is pointless since the OP already has his mind up that the FD5 is the end all be all for his needs. So be it. Multiple recs were given that we feel clearly are superior to the FD5. The Oxygen being one of them. The OP feels the need to argue those recs so = pointless thread. He already has his endgame IEM for gaming. Maybe I worded my post incorrectly?

1 Like

I didn’t hear much detail, but yeah, true. Also depends if the details are pre or post 8K, with these 2. I would assume more details in-game are pre-8K, but that can vary per game. I just felt(when I heard it) in no way, shape, or form that the old Oxygen driver can come close to what the FD5 driver can do, detail-delivery wise. Game details above 17.5K are surely less plentiful, and audible, so I don’t feel FD5 leaves anything missing there.

You’re great at putting words into people’s mouths, huh? That’s why I made a post searching for potentially better stuff - because it’s just a joke or something. My bad.

I heard what I heard from the Oxygen, so you’re free to consider what I heard to be lies and slander. I’m OK with your disbelief, though we agree 100% about how FD5 sounds. Maybe it was my cable, or a bad unit? Dunno, but I didn’t like it, and you can keep pretending I never had an Oxygen. Whatever floats your boat, Boss. Oh, and how pointless it is to have an IEM for 7 months, then sell it a month ago, then suddenly lose all credibility to talk about it!

I dunno… There is something more direct with IEMs, I find. It’s probably the isolation, and no acoustic distortion that you can/could get with headphones. Which IEMs and headphones do you like most now for FPS?

[quote=“CT007, post:30, topic:27444”]
more direct with IEMs, I find. It’s probably the isolation, and no acoustic distortion that you can/could get with headphones. [/quote]

Sounds like you prefer the more intimate/forward presenation that iems have over headphones.

Koss KSC75, legit thats the transducer I use for anything competitive.

For games that arent competitive, I actually mute the sound from the game and just enjoy music (or youtube videos in the background) with my speakers usually or whatever fits my mood.

1 Like

I am tempted to buy both and try to settle the feud as both iems seem to be quite interesting. However my budget does not allow for that at the moment. If in the future I can get some experience with both I will come back

1 Like

Stop putting down our recommendations then, or do the obvious. Get an actual headset for gaming.

Your credibility concerning the Oxygen was lost when you incorrectly described it (graph even proved it), leaving me and the rest of us not to believe you ever owned it. No photo, no proof, mocking our recommendations (with proof of ownership) = no credibility.

Noticed this in the list of recently active threads – I haven’t read through it fully but might give some good pointers:

I love the idea :slight_smile: 3rd party testing! We should be able to kickstart you, no problem. Sadly, I don’t see an O2 on sale atm, but there’s an FD5 for $244 @ eBae. I think I paid $199 for my O2 or less.

Alright, it’s cheap. Why not lol. Heck.

1 Like

There are quite a few Koss products that fall in to the category that there is no reason they should be priced as cheap as they are…

I think that’s my FD5. It’s $225 here or on HeadFi because no ridiculous fees.

1 Like

Ksc75 and the kph30i are the ones I rec. Porta pro IMO is overrated in the face of its brothers.

2 Likes

It is overrated, full agree. But it also is better then it is priced or was better then it was priced. It has been a long while since I priced a Porta pro. Just looked it up $50 is still a reasonable value though I like their other products more… but for a fashion pair of headphones with really decent sound $50 is not bad at all.