Feedback for Buy & Sell Thread

I agree with most of the sentiments here I think. Would think this would be a cool concept with trustworthy people and active forum users, but would prefer it to not be a site dominated by buying/selling personally. Also I don’t think it would be a good idea to roll it out with 1 active moderator either.

Yeah I think that if I were to implement it, it would only be able to be seen by the higher trust levels and also not be indexed so it’s not aval on Google or something. Essentially it would be pretty exclusive

Also every new thread should be approved by a mod (that might sound like a hassle but I think it would cut the crap, make sure nothings sus and everything is in order)

So personally after thinking about it I feel like a buy sell here is too much work for not much value, just use av exchange or head fi or us audio mart or eBay or whatever platform you want, you will most likely get more value out of it and have less trouble than trying to do it on hifigudes. That being said if there was an efficient way to sell things that was implemented, I wouldn’t be opposed

7 Likes

That tends to be the way other forums do it. I know the LTT forum has started making it so you have to have 100 posts before you’re allowed to post in their classifieds.

In the watch forums I use to follow it was 100 or even 300 messages. Also a minimum of three months membership.

yeh…Reddit needs 3 months before you can post on AVExchange.

I think you got the wrong thread. This is under site feedback. Here’s the other buy/sell thread

1 Like

Thank you!

I think you got the wrong thread