🔷 FiiO BTR5

This is the official thread for the FiiO BTR5

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Bluethooth up to LDAC
  • FPGA Clock
  • 3.5mm and 2.5mm out

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

4 Likes

Flagship Portable High-Fidelity Bluetooth Amplifier
Features:

1. High Performance DAC ES9218P*2
  2. Flagship Bluetooth chip CSR8675
  3. FPGA clock management,dual independent crystal oscillators
  4. Bluetooth 5.0 with full format support
  5. Independent control chip XMOS XUF208
  6. USB DAC supporting up to 384kHz/DSD256 native
  7. Double-sided 2.5D glass with OLED display
  8. 3.5mm+2.5mm headphone outputs
  9. Intelligent control with FiiO Music app
  10. One-touch NFC pairing

Learn more: https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-btr5-dual-es9218p-dac-native-dsd-decoding-bluetooth-amplifier

2 Likes

I wonder how much of an upgrade it is to the btr3. I’d be definitely interested

Posted this on a separate thread. Specs look good, significant power upgrade. Made to compete with the ES100.

https://www.fiio.com/btr5

3 Likes

Thnx! At 108 it’s not super expensive, and I’m happy they finally play over 16 bit in usb dac mode. With LDAC they always did 24 bit. Loving the volume step increase too. I’m definitely curious as to how it compares to a non Bluetooth bigger conventional dac

Going down from 12 to 9 hours however is disappointing. I actually feel that even 12 is a little too low 9 is just bad

Yeah , but I suppose there has to be some drawbacks to outputting that much more power. But with the size increase, I would’ve hoped they would compensate with a bigger battery capacity.

I really want one, but don’t think I can justify getting it after already owning a q5s.

1 Like

Agreed, it’s hard to justify it unless you really want bluetooth, ldac and possible use as a normal usb dac. BUT when you already have something of the kind its not a particularly good idea. Specially with the poor battery

1 Like

Does anyone know when this is gonna be available on amazon?

1 Like

Only available on amazon US now

1 Like

Do you have a link?:star_struck:

A quick amazon search netted me this. Only available starting next week it seems.

1 Like

Yes, the stock of btr5 is very limited now until end of this month

1 Like

Thanks guys! I couldn’t find it when I was looking for it.

HiFiGo has in stock before, but out of stock now
Learn more: https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-btr5-dual-es9218p-dac-native-dsd-decoding-bluetooth-amplifier

1 Like

Porta fi review

2 Likes

BTR3 VS BTR5

Tracks used Fear Fun Father John Misty Headphones are the Comets and HD58X

I would say that the TDLR Is pay a bit more get the BTR5.

The BTR3 has a less soundstage and the layering of instruments is worse and I feel like it has more compression and doesn’t have the resolving power of the BTR5. The BTR3 also has less amp power the BTR5 can get so loud on the HD58x that it is painful. The BTR5 gets the DT 770 PRO 250 OHM to very loud but not painful levels. The clip on both units is very nice and I Don’t fret that either unit will fall off.
The BTR5 works smoother with the fiio link app sometimes the BTR3 Just doesn’t show up for whatever reason.
Both units have an odd issue that I didn’t have on the Fiio M11. With my macbook I can’t go from usb c to usb c I have to go usb c to usb a to usb c dongle. My phone is usb micro so I have not tried that.
The screen is very nice on the BTR5 You can see what the unit is doing and if you are plugged in to a computer it will tell you the kHz you are pushing.
The 2.5 Bal on the BTR5 is very nice used with the comets and it gives them a wider soundstage and a bit more balanced sound as well as better highs.

2 Likes

omg stop making me want to get it!!! lol sounds really good then, is it really worth such a price jump?

1 Like

I think in the long run you would be happier with the BTR5 it has more room for you to grow in to it as far as power and resolution.

1 Like

More review:

1 Like