🔷 FiiO BTR5

I think I might pick one of these up lol, seems pretty sweet

2 Likes

Dude PLZZZZZZ! Do it to review it and then decide again if I should buy this instead of the other dac

I was kinda thinking that too, this might completely replace the q1 mk2 for me lol

1 Like

Lololol. Buy 2…ill buy one of of you in case they sell out lol

I might really need to get on one before they sell out tho

1 Like

I’ve already secured one lol, so I will have to see if it’s something I like

2 Likes

Hahaha already secured one lol

1 Like

Damn really interested in this , if the improvements are that good cause the btr1 k vs btr3 they sound basically the same the btr3 just had more power and battery life.

2 Likes

As soon as u get it, hit me up. Curious about it. @Aspen is ahead of the curve going on about how good it is

It was actually aspen who peaked my interest lol

1 Like

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the es100 or the btr3 so I wonder how I will like this one and how much an improvement it is for me

Holy shit even powering a 250 ohm Beyer to those noise levels. Is this plugged in? Or Bluetooth mode?

I’m more interested in the power at this point as if what Aspen is saying is true means it’s more powerful than the fiio k3 and maybe matching the k1 mk 2

1 Like

You can do that on a phone as well, as the 250 ohm beyers aren’t that hard to drive imo, but the do improve sound quality wise with a good amp

It’s about the same power wise, but I feel like it’s going to be a better quality amp and dac imo

I’ve tried my 250 990 on all the available phones in my home I’ve never managed an acceptable volume level. But the 770 being a closed back probably overall just requires less power to get loud anyway

Yeah the 880 and 990 are a different story, the 770 is easier to drive

That’s good to hear. But better than what the k1 mk 2 or k3?

The k3 and q1 mk2 sound very similar, so I’m guessing the btr5 is going to be a step up from both. The k3 is essentially a q1 mk2 in a desk ready casing

True . Hopefully Ifnthe btr5 is that good fiio might work on the budget desktop stuff the $100 and lower need more competition especially against the fulla in regards to power

1 Like