🔷 FiiO BTR5

Let the hype begin boyzzzz

Well shit

2 Likes

Yeah dude, this got me hype

i am using btr3 and serves it’s purpose for me really well, running my own ciem, but then btr5 comes along and “allegedly” runs circles on the btr3, so, yeah, might wait for them to hit my place, too bad expected in january

Yeah lol, curious when I get mine to see how it fairs

1 Like

Can you run it as a usb dac or bluetooth only?

It can do both I think

2 Likes

Thats awesome, how will it compare to something like the dragonfly range?

I know its not out yet but hypothetically speaking

I personally don’t know yet, but I think it might best the dragonfly black based on what I have heard

And even more that vs a entry level desktop dac/amp.

1 Like

Sweet thanx MON, think this will be nice to have and its not breakint the bank

Definitely does both, I have the btr3 and I’ve used it with both Bluetooth and USB dac, but the difference is that the btr3 USB dac mode supports up to 16 bit only, this one I believe might go up to 32? Don’t remember but definitely 24 bit

1 Like

So, I know there wasn’t a real hype when it was released but I jumped on that - regularly scheduled train (?) on 12.12 because there was a sale at my local online re-seller for Fiio.

I have the ES100 and the BTR3, but was never really happy with them (more so the ES100 - it always sounded thin-ish to me). But with the BTR5, I’m quite happy with how it drives my P1’s(balanced for the extra power) & other IEMs. I have not really used them on headphones but I guess I’ll try it with them now after watching Zeos’ review.

Yep, it actually has for me. My Q1 MK2 has been collecting dust the past week and half or so.

1 Like

Nice, can’t wait to get mine in to try it out for myself, also thanks for the info :+1:

currently out of stock everywhere, anyone know a website where it’s still available? this friggin sucks, finally choose it and it’s sold out

Rip, wonder when it will be back

1 Like

Im def going to get one. Very excited

1 Like

seriously, i’m so hyped about it too. i think b&h will have it on stock january 1st so i guess i don’t have to wait TOO much

i getcha, me too! gotta catch em all