šŸ”· FiiO BTR5

Lol, really hope it lives up to the hype.

1 Like

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=604099078511&scene=taobao_shop found it available here

1 Like

Cant find the spot to translate to English, looks like Ā„698 that is way way less than $100

top right on chrome by the star

Sweet, thanx will try

1 Like

It could be nice to see a comparison between btr5 and Shanling up4. Both units looks really interesting. I wonder about their differences in performance and sound.

1 Like

How does it sound compared to daps like FiiO m9 or even 11

According to zeos this thing supposedly sounds better than the M11 and Q5s, Iā€™m skeptical of that to say the least.

Same lol, kinda skeptical

I think you can pre-order from hifigo, will be shipping this week or next week
$5 coupon code: HIFIGO5

1 Like

Fiio BTR5 and Shanling UP4 with about same specs, want to the know differences in performance and sound

i just bought it but got a few questionsā€¦

1. I dont have a car but trying to understand car mode - is that just for charging so that it doesnt suck juice when car is off? or am i missing something here bluetooth from phone to car stereo, no need for btr5??

2. I have a Oppo-Ha2, how does this compare to it in terms of headphone driving power and DAC sound?

3. Should I get rid of my Fiio M6 and use my iphone X with Btr5 and does the fiio IOS app allow to play flac? (assume its gonna just be aac, no ldac here)?

4. Anyone tested the mic ? wonder how effective it is for calls and conference ones too.

thanks!

1 Like

So the car thing, itā€™s for ur btr5 to automatically power off and save battery when ur not using it (ie, when your car turns off) and the need to use the btr5 is just to add Bluetooth to ur car, or a better sounding bluetooth.

Not sure about your device,

And NO I suggest you keep the fiio m6 because iPhones still canā€™t play LDAC or a good Bluetooth codec. Not saying itā€™s a waste to use the btr5 with an iPhone but itā€™s certainly a shame. (unless you donā€™t hear a noticeable difference in quality and find it more convinient)

Havenā€™t tested it obviously BUT I had seen a review where they mentioned that they put focus on the mikes and used basically the same mikes you see on smartphones! So itā€™s looking quite promising

1 Like

this is so expensive compared to my local price, post forex conversion

Z said that it sounds the same as the M11 ?? I donā€™t believe it oO
Itā€™s so small and only 100 dollars wtf

no he said it sounded better than the m11, on multiple live streams over the past weekā€¦

Kinda skeptical on that one lol

just got it - handsome looking thing. Easy to use, testing ongoing.

Wonder how this compares to a Audioquest Cobaltā€¦

4 Likes

How does it work as a usb dac/amp?

If itā€™s like the Btr1k and the btr3 you turn it on and just plug it in with an adapter

1 Like