🔶 FiiO FD5 Flagship Single dynamic driver

Was thinking the same!

You mean the stock cable? I did ask Fiio about it and they said they dont have any plans for it, unless there is a big demand.

1 Like

I think the interchangeable jack is patented by another company, so they have to pay for it…

FiiO have a very similar connector system on the LC-RE cable, but that’s €200…

For the right price I can imagine that there will be a very big demand. I want to get cables for two IEMs soon, now I need to buy two with a 2.5mm connector and then buy adapters to 3.5mm and 4.4mm; and if I want to use the output of the liquid spark I will either have to get a 2.5 to 6.3 or chain adapters 2.5 -> 3.5 -> 6.3.

You can get a 2.5mm (or 4.4mm) to 6.35mm here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000570564015.html

And a 2.5mm to 3.5mm here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002046158714.html

1 Like

in the video, Zeos makes note that he only has about 25 hrs. of burn in. To quote Vincent Kang (from FiiO), " Yes, because of the property of Dynamic diver. A proper burn-in will make the sound smoother.
The recommended time is 100~ 200hours."

You’re completely right. Zeos is even called out for it in the video comments.

Zeos obviously rushed this review and rushing appears to becoming a usual thing with all his reviews. He just has too much stuff to get to. I’d be shocked if they even had 20 hours of burn in. He obviously hadn’t spent much time with them and was literally doing his homework as the camera was rolling.
Falling more and more in love with them with every new song he played. No offense to Zeos, I think he makes good general points, but I’d believe anything Rikudou Goku has to say concerning IEMs far before I would Zeos.

Nothing wrong with enjoying Dekoni tips for comfort, but for a review when you should be critically listening to what the IEM can actually do? Shame! SHAME!!!

5 Likes

Looking at the current line-up of FiiO cables I can’t imagine they will sell them at any point in the near future. The FH3 comes with the LC-B 3.5 cable which is about 30% of the total price of the set. Let’s say the cable of the FD5 is 40% of the total retail price of the FD4, it would cost about $120, which is considerably cheaper than the modular cable they recently dropped at $200 and the same price as other cables they have. It’ll probably cannibalize their line up too much.

yeah, I doubt it as well…

I’m considering to sell my FD5
If interested PM me.
They are in mint condition, I basically baby them. I burned them in for 150-200 hours and afterwards I don’t think I have more than 30-40 hours with them.
I paid 300 euros for them, I would let them go for 250 euros shipped in Europe or 260 euros for the rest of the world.
Like I said everything is in mint condition and I will pack everything like it was when I received them. I only used medium balanced, vocal and bass tips which I will wash before shipping of course.

Reason
They are very good and I like them very much but atm I am unemployed and I have ho reason to keep them because I have some other iems that do things very similarly. Yes I will miss them and that exceptional bass but I have to move on.

Moderators
If this post is against the rules please feel free to delete it.

There’s a thread for that, it might go quicker there: Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

2 Likes

Nicely done.

Just got in the RHA filter set; for $13.50 (after using a 10% discount code, for supplying your email addr.). Definitely worth a try, if you’re not into making your own filters, for the stock nozzle.

Thabks, do they add something comparred to original tuning?

If you find the default nozzle to have uncomfortable peaks in the upper frequencies, the three RHA variants give you the opportunity to dial back that freq range.

I have noticed an incremental reduction to the soundstage, as you go Gold → Silver → Black. And even though Black has the most reduction, it still plays well.

The RHA was an alternative for me, for the included FiiO, small, bass tube. As I’m uncomfortable with the only tip that comes with the FD5, that fits the smaller tube, the triple flange tip.

2 Likes

Looks like really good alternatives to original. Especially bass tube that is really not very wisely thought because triple flange tips is ofcourse not for everyone. So these surely will need to try when will get fd5. What shop did you get ir from?

Directly from the source:

They have depots in several countries. So hopefully (if you’re outside of the U.S.) you can choose one that will negate or reduce the shipping.

Thanks a lot i will check. Will need to tune fd surely. And as already using fd5 have you managed to change treble to you liking with these? If treble was that area you tweaked.