šŸ”¶ FiiO FD5 Flagship Single dynamic driver

For a hybrid IEM, the Mangird Tea has one of the best soundstages (almost holographic with certain music) and has image separation competing with the Monarch but then the Monarch is more than double its price and incorporates two electrostats for the mids and treble.

Although the Legacy 5 is tuned similarly to the Mangird Tea, it is warmer and doesnā€™t have the detail the Mangird Tea has. The Mangird subbass is better textured and hits slightly harder. Both are quite similar but I do prefer the Mangird Tea.

1 Like

I would have been interested in the Tea if the size wasnt that big. It is most likely too big for meā€¦ :sob:

1 Like

The Tea is tiny. The Monarch is HUGE! Youā€™re probably thinking of the ISN H40?

My ears arent that big lol.

Audiosense T800 and Moondrop Blessing 2 for example are way too big for me.

2 Likes

H40 is definitely too big for me.

1 Like

The Mangird Tea is very small, but it inserts quite deep into the ear canal so you will possibly need to go with smaller sized tips.

The ISN H40 is about the size of the Monarch. I can take pictures for comparison if anyone wants them.

1 Like

Awww man, I had just decided that the fd5 was going to be my next set and probably my final one for a while and now Iā€™m really not sure anymore. They cost about the same and I prefer the fd5 for the cable with multiple connectors and because I like how FiiO is actually going out of their way to be available locally instead of needing to be imported from a different continent. The Tea does sound very good from your description thoughā€¦ For classic rock and acoustic music: FD5, Tea or blessing 2?

Comparison pic with the Tea and FD5. Tea and FH3 would be nice.

Not the B2 at least lol. Acoustic music is not good with it and its poor timbre.

1 Like

UGHā€¦ OK! Iā€™m leaving them on their cables. I hate taking them off. Especially MMCX. Thatā€™s a big no no!

Hold onā€¦

1 Like

yeah, no need to remove the cables. I just want to see the body size in comparison to the other.

@Resolution thanks for opinion. Probably the Mangird will be my next purchase. By the way I do not find the FD5 fatiguing at all (maybe because I do not hear it at very high volume).

1 Like

Legacy 5

Fiio FH3

ISN H40

4 Likes

Oh, it actually looks around the same size as the fh3?!

What about the back(nozzle side)?

1 Like

I just put them all away. The FH3 I think is quite thin. The Mangird Tea is really curvy. The main fit issue is the insertion depth. The FH3 is very short but is quite comfortable since you can use larger tips and they donā€™t go in as far.

3 Likes

oh well, sent a mail to linsoul asking for a unit. Wonder if they will ever send me another unit after I butchered the Tape pro lol.

The tea does look great graph wise.

Kinda similar to the EJ07 that I was somewhat interested in a while back.

1 Like

The EJ07 and Monarch have similar tuning especially with the bass and mids being a flat line neutral with the Monarch brining a little more sub bass thunder. I do feel the Monarch bass might be too much with certain tracks, but I love it. The treble on the Monarch is literally perfect. I wouldnā€™t change anything. The Tea would be better choice for someone wanting everything tamed down and a smaller shell size.

I hope you get one. Iā€™d enjoy hearing your thoughts. BTWā€¦ The Tea needed the most break-in of all my IEMs.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope linsoul isnā€™t like penon that seem to only be sending stuff to their shillsā€¦

Last time I tried to contact penon asking for a unit in the tansio mirai tsmr-4 pro they totally ignored meā€¦ Both by email and headfi pm.

And the tsmr 4 pro turned out to be massively overpricedā€¦

1 Like

You could try speaking to DENG on the Linsoul forum. Very helpful guy and heā€™s in direct contact with the Thieaudio management. Heā€™s asked them favors for me directly and come back with answers quickly. Linsoul have their act together.

1 Like

I emailed them and Jessie Li was the one I talked with last time with the tape pro.

1 Like