šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Or indeed their Nobleā€¦

1 Like

Hey all! Glad the hype for this IEM is getting big fast. Itā€™s truly worthy of the hype. Just saying hello :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Are you using this Faael cable on FH3? If yes, would you mind to share a pic?

1 Like

I just saw this video. Instead of listening to what he had to say about the FH3 I just inspected his excel sheet with the many iems he has apparently reviewed. I doesnā€™t make any sense. H40 a C in sound and a Trn V90 a A! Isn D10 better than the H40?, Wtf! just go to the Isn thread in Headfi to listen to some of us that have both and you wonā€™t find anyone to say this nonsense. And like this many others. Makes no sense, it is ridiculous. All these Iem reviewers popping up than suddenly have all this preposterous idea that they are qualified for this. Ladies and gentlemen, Iems are headphones and like their big brothers they need experienced people and lots of time to really get to know how that hp/ iem sound, works and specially what kind of music they are designed and marketed for. But they are cheaper than over ears (in many cases) so younger people with less means can carry this reviewing hobby. This is the final straw for me. They are all using their subjective hearing to classify Iems but then all of them use this a b c d system they all copied from crinacle therefore all of them have different results when cataloging the items so adding to the confusion. There are a few of the iems to have the same position in the ranking but Iā€™m seriously considering that sometimes they donā€™t know what to do with some specific Iems due to the hype and they just copy each other, I can only guess considering how mediocre this iems migh be.
Iā€™ve had it with the hype train after buying many iems that didnā€™t live to my expectations and really enjoying other excellent ones like the Tri i3, (which is a marvel for jazz, blues, etc) that Beggar said it had a very weird tuning giving them an D (again check what the users have to say in the Headfi Tri thread, I mean, the people that have had them for months and not one week after giving their opinions).

Sorry for the rant but Iā€™m tired of throwing money away in hyped products (thatā€™s on me, canā€™t blame anyone else) that are at best mediocre. Iem reviewers opinions have to be respected, like anyone elseā€™s, but not be taking seriously and never be used as a base to buy .

5 Likes

I guess you can look at it that way lol.

1 Like

This sounds like the effect of it getting more juice from the amp lol. (besides the placebo and purchase bias justification lol.)

1 Like

7 Likes

I have to agree about personal rankings/rating spread sheets and I meaning no disrespect to anyone including Chris but thatā€™s just itā€¦ itā€™s just another personal opinionā€¦you really need to understand someoneā€™s sound sig preferences for it to make any sense and even then I wonder sometimes lol. Iā€™ve followed Chris for a couple of years now and enjoy and understand how he reviews sets using his library, I donā€™t however agree on all his recs but at least I know where heā€™s coming from so I can make up my own mind.

5 Likes

With reviews, like any product, the consumer ultimately decides. If crap is put out there, people catch on, and it goes no where. If people like the reviews, that reviewer succeeds and is able to put out more content. It is also always your own decision whether to watch/read or not. This is inherently a VERY subjective hobby, so just because I donā€™t agree with a reviewer, doesnā€™t make them wrong. As stated above, one needs to find reviewers that align with oneā€™s own tastes.

I agree that new ā€œreviewersā€ are popping up daily, however being a long-term reviewer, with a lot of experience doesnā€™t automatically grant credibility either. That seasoned reviewerā€™s tastes may be very different from oneā€™s own tastes, and the trickier issue is commercial bias and incentives.

Like with so many things, Iā€™m afraid it simply comes down to oneā€™s own discernment. Choose your IEMs and reviewers wisely. Personally, I prefer too much information that I need to critically sort through, than not having enough information.

3 Likes

I actually ordered 3 of those cables per your recommendation in another thread on here lol (think you stated slaterā€™s (sp?) measurements in the post).

Supposed to arrive tomorrow

yeah slater measured those at around being 0.3-0.4 ohms.

My own measurements arent as precise but i got mine at 0.16 ohms.

I ordered 5 of them a few months ago, but wished I ordered 10 lol. :joy:

Seriously?

My reply is also in regards to Davids rantā€¦

I personally feel people should do what makes them happy. If taking the time & making a ranking list is enjoyable for you, do it. I personally feel anyone who takes the time to write a review of a product they have purchased or make a ranking list of products they have listened to are trying to help others that probably havenā€™t had the chance to hear a certain product.

I really hope no one is trying to screw the consumer over by getting excited about a product they enjoy. I know I donā€™t. If I can give others a clear idea of how a product sounds or compares to another product they might have heard, I try to do my best to do that 100% honestly.

I donā€™t know about you but Iā€™ve never been able to listen to any of the IEMs Iā€™ve purchased before hand. I 100% have to rely on reviews and hype. Zeos, Chris, Josh & Resolve are all guys I trust. Wellā€¦ Zeos I dunno. :wink:

This is a hobby. Itā€™s fun for me. I have headphones and IEMs that Iā€™m not that crazy about and after living with them for a while, I came to the conclusion that I could have been fine without them. Iā€™m also not getting upset with anyone who might have hyped them at the time. I made the ultimate decision to buy them. If you are getting really upset about spending money and not feeling like you are getting your moneyā€™s worth or a reviewer steered you in a direction incorrectly, I think it might be in your own interests to slow down and realize that reviews are subjective. People hear things differently. There is no absolute ā€œbestā€ or ā€œworseā€ chart for this stuff. Everything is subjective.

Itā€™s posts like Davidā€™s that make me feel like taking my own personal time to answer questions and try to help others because I might have hands on experience with a product is a waste of my time. Especially if the subjective advise I give doesnā€™t coincide with their tastes. I wouldnā€™t appreciate it if someone was upset with me for voicing my feelings if they didnā€™t agree with me.

3 Likes

@PapaEmeritus

If youā€™re going to quote do it properly.

Really? Why? Donā€™t you respect my opinion? because I do respected yours. Are you a reviewer? If not why do you feel that post was about you? It wasnā€™t. This forum is all about helping people with personal experiences, hype promoted by some reviewers isnā€™t. If me expressing my worries about the accuracy of internet reviewers makes you feel unhappy is solely your problem. Grow up

@Davidibiza @PapaEmeritus @Ohmboy ā€¦Gentleman can we please have this discussion inā€¦

Thank you and please respect other peoples opinions :beers:

2 Likes

Sorry @Ohmboy youā€™re right. Iā€™m done though.

1 Like

Got off the rails. lol. Wanna move these threads for us? You need the practice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are we going to do this David?

You crapped all over HiFi Dreamsā€™ opinions/feelings. You obviously donā€™t agree with them but that still doesnā€™t make his opinions wrong. You need to understand that. Itā€™s his list and you should respect that. You can voice your opinion that you donā€™t agree with him, sure. But donā€™t attack him as if he is ā€œridiculousā€ especially when heā€™s probably trying to help others.

5 Likes

Hi, iā€™ m News here.I am currently using an old, wired Sennheiser momentum in ear, together with a Fiio BTR5 as a USB Dac to play Flac files. At about 30 percent of the albums, however, the sibilance bothers me. This should be better with the FH3?