đŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

If only there was an easy and accessible way for everyone to be able to measure the frequency response of their products to know if they have something out of place or not for sure. I don’t know how measuring works for the most part, but I’m guessing there is a lot of variables you have to account for that can alter the frequency response you end up with such as how you place it to measure and what you’re using to measure.

1 Like

Had a few more hours listening. I have to say these are an absolute bargain for the price.

Currently I’m using the stock translucent tips with red cores. Very comfortable and secure in the ears. Are spinfits significantly different?

I’d say the soundstage is quite narrow, more narrow than my Sennheiser IE80, but instruments sound natural and have texture. The IE80 essentially doesn’t have any mids by comparison :rofl:

Just an enjoyable, non-fatiguing listen overall
 I guess you could say they lack a little bit of high-end detail, e.g. the treble doesn’t compare to my Denon AH-D7000, hence people here saying they don’t suit classical or acoustic music.

I guess I’ll just have to save for the Sony IER Z1R next! I think I’m starting to prefer IEMs over headphones for the way they just disappear and you’re left to enjoy the sound.

1 Like

They are different. The silicone is softer and the bore size is smaller. The tips with the red bores are labeled “bass” tips and are wide bore. If they give you a proper seal, are comfortable and you enjoy their sound, I don’t think there’s any reason to change something that isn’t broken.

That being said, if you’ve never tried Spinfits or any other tip brand and are interested in what they might have to offer, you owe it to yourself to try out as many as you can afford. You might find they are perfect for you. Maybe not. Give it a shot if you’re interested. What could it hurt?

1 Like

I definitely agree. Building up a good collection of high quality ear tips over time is an important part of this hobby. Some IEMs are not that ear tip dependent (I actually don’t think the FH3 is very picky.), but with others, the ear tip choice can make or break the sound (such as the Legacy 3). The stock FiiO tips are good quality though, IMO.

3 Likes

“I think I’m starting to prefer IEMs over headphones”

11 Likes
1 Like

What are your thoughts of FH3 vs NA2?

2 Likes

guys
 may i know which tips you prefer and why? atm im using the balance, but my right ear kept pushing out the iem on medium tips, large is too big it is hurting my ear
 spinfits fits ok for me but its itchy af

The stock tips seem fine for me, but my Horn tips seem to work well with it. Loses just a touch of punch, but seems to really make the sound “natural.” I hate a stupid word like that, but I haven’t had a chance to dissect the changes all that much. It just sounds better to me, I’ll try to give more info when I can.

1 Like

Final Type E tips

1 Like

Been listening to my FH3 for a few days, absolutely loving them. They easily top my L3 and Moondrop. I keep coming back to the stock black tips in terms of best and most balanced sound for my tastes. Interested in hearing how they sound on the upgraded silver cable.

5 Likes

Welcome Nyaasu!

It’s great to hear Fiio has another happy customer. Man, I sound like I work for Fiio. :frowning:

Would be interested in your more in-depth thoughts once you’ve had more time with the FH3.

Well
 Here are pictures of the silver cable. I have it in my possession.

4 Likes

The bass on the FH3 is of better quality, with a little better speed and texture, and has a little more quantity. I like the tuning of the NA2 bass more. While there is still a lot of bass, but it is a little cleaner for all genres of music. The mids are not as forward on the NA2. Treble extension is better on the FH3. Despite the different design, I think the resolution of both are equal, but the micro detail is actually better on the NA2, even though neither IEM is fatiguing at all. Timbre is really good on the FH3, but I find coherence and timbre to be better on the NA2, which shouldn’t really be a surprise (single DD). Both are really, really good sounding IEMs. Build quality and feel is no competition, The FH3 is superb. The NA2 shell is very bland and seems cheep, but handling it is a lot better, as it is quite robust IMO. The fit is great on both.

2 Likes

Stock tips sucks for the most part and most people should know that.

I am using the final audio type e tips though.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered my FH3 :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I bought the Fiio FH3 and Spinfit CP100. Do u know the difference between 100 an 145?
Thats changes the sound?
Thanks

I have used all the stock tips as well as the spinfit tips and while there are small changes I get the same general experience with all of them, which is more or less the same as you have described throughout the thread. I certainly don’t feel that any of the tips cause the bass to disappear like you described. Maybe you got a seal with the large but they were crammed in weirdly and messed with the sound?

The type E tips don’t sit all the way down the nozzle since its a long nozzle, did you have any issues with them staying on?

The main difference between the two are the nozzle sizes. CP100 fits smaller nozzle sizes with CP145 accommodates larger nozzles. I find you can use them interchangeably, but might be forced to use CP100 if the nozzle is too small to grip the CP145 tips.

CP100 have 5 different sizes while CP145 have three.

CP100 tip silicone appears more transparent and is thinner/softer. This allows the CP100 tips to seal easier in your ear, but they create more vacuum which can be an issue with some IEMs *not the FH3 it has great venting). CP145 silicone is a tad thicker and more opaque.

Both of the CP100 & CP145 sound very similar, but do not sound like other tips. Spinfits have their own sound, but I won’t get into that. Everyone needs to do their own experimentation and decide what works best for themselves.

3 Likes