šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m going to be set on IEMs for a while. Iā€™m really not kidding when I say the FH3 is my ideal sound signature. I just listened to it this morning and afternoon non stop and am in love with it. Iā€™ve got the perfect tips on them so they just disappear.

Thanks for the recommendation. Iā€™ll definitely check it out. I can always use a good cable.

1 Like

Yes they have my preferred sound signature too. I would have liked some more treble extension/air (like in the A6) and that would have given it an Endgame title for me (and better technicalities and i call it TOTL).

1 Like

I was close to pulling the trigger on the ISN H40, but the FH3 has me reconsidering. Anyone whoā€™s heard both have comparisons, perhaps using the Starfield as a reference?

For my ideal music genre and my treble sensitivity, Iā€™m very happy with the FH3. If I listened to live music or classical recordings, I might feel different.

I dont listen to classics either. Live music I definitely like the LZ A6 the most out of my stuff because of the clean sound, treble extension/air and huge soundstage. Makes it sound very lifelike.

1 Like

I have all three. What would you like to know specifically?

In general, the H40 is very full sounding and is very efficient. It gets loud at low volume levels. It has a very natural sound stage but the H40 is a relaxed tuning. It is not very detailed but is fun. The H40 has a long extension into your ear and can cause suction issues with certain tips. I spend a lot of my listening time with the Mangird Tea and the H40 adjusting them to relieve inner ear pressure. The Fiio IEMs are a MUCH better fit for me and have no inner ear suction problems. The Fiio has a similar tuning to the H40 but with better imaging and detail.

The Starfield is harder to drive than the H40 or FH3. The Starfield sounds more clinical than either the H40 or FH3. I personally feel the Starfield, although being a very good value at its price point sounds thin to heavier hitting IEMs.

Of all the IEMs I own, the FH3 has become my favorite mainly for overall sound enjoyment, slam and comfort. They have left me feeling quite fulfilled and uninterested in continuing the search for the perfect IEM. At 130 bucks, the FH3 is just 20 dollars more than the Starfield and is much less expensive than the H40.

5 Likes

Makes total sense. The FH3 is a more fun/relaxed listen but walks a perfect line of being relaxed, but retaining enough detail and clarity without being fatiguing.

1 Like

yup it is an excellent iem. Fiio only needs to have their QC game on point and it will be a success.

2 Likes

Wow, the H40s look huge in comparison, which is a detractor in its own right. I already have the Starfield, but Iā€™m looking for a fun complement. Sounds like the FH3s might be in my future.

It is! I prefer the fit and sound of the FH3. The Starfield is incredibly good for its price. Iā€™d ask a few more people their opinion. You could die happy just with the Starfield. I own the Starfield and the KXXX.

I donā€™t know if Rikudou has heard the H40.

This photo was challenging to hold the IEMs, try to get them as straight to the camera, hold the camera in the other hand and take the picture. I tried my best to show how much larger and how much deeper the H40 goes into your ear vs the FH3.

Nope I havent. The size was the reason I skipped it (I have known about it for a very long time, I could have bought it when they were still including the worse ā€œbetaā€ version lol)

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna give these a go and take advantage of Amazonā€™s insane return policy if I donā€™t love them. Also super curious about the Thors but thatā€™s a price jump and they seem to be gone for the time being.

Hope you like them!

I wait for more reviews/posts from the consumers about the thor. Very unsure about their QC and overall quality since they are a very small group of people (1 single guy or something).

At least with the Fiio you have their big brand backing it up.

Some more impressions on the FH3

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been going back and forth between the FH3 and FH7 tonight listening back to back to the same song on each set. There was a part of me hoping I would prefer the FH7 over the FH3 in some regard with critical listening.

My heart is breaking.

I really love the FH7. I love its appearance, I love itā€™s cable and it has been my go-to IEM for listening for detail. When it comes to listening, the FH3 craps all over the FH7. The FH3 is so much more full, has so much more impact and has just the right amount detail. The treble is perfectly smooth and perfectly detailed. The FH7 in comparison is lacking so much in the low end and lower mids. Everything sounds thinner and more sharp. The detail Iā€™ve come to know from the FH7 is probably artificial due to itā€™s tuning like the Blessing 2. The low end on the FH7 is not only lacking in quantity, the FH3 destroys it in detail, speed and texture.

Iā€™ll add that anyone could think that the FH3 is a bassheadā€™s IEM with all of this gushing about the bass, but it isnā€™t. The bass is rich, full and extremely well balanced with the rest of the mix.

I have a lot more listening to do vs my other IEMs but Iā€™m seriously contemplating why I would keep any of these IEMs around when Iā€™m only going to want to listen to my music through the FH3. I had IEMs that were strong at certain things but the FH3 can do it all and it does it all so elegantly. I canā€™t say enough good things about this IEM.

4 Likes

Yeah the FH3 is phenomenal. Fiio is even killing their own stuff at multiple times more expensive lol.

1 Like

Just watched it.

Iā€™d like to know how it compares with H40.

Before everyone thinks that the FH3 is unbeatable or something. I will mention that the Intime Sora 2 is still my favourite iem for Linkin Park :joy:

I own them both. I did a write up on the forum between the FH3, H40 and Starfield for another user. What would you like to know specifically? Iā€™d be happy to let you know my opinions.

I havenā€™t done critical listening between the FH3 vs the H40 yet, back to back like I just did with the FH7 but plan to soon since there appears to be a lot of interest.

Sorry I just read your write up. If the tuning of the H40 and the FH3 are similar I guess that as I own the H40 itā€™s not worth to me to get the FH3. I just listed 4 Iems to sell and I will keep only the H40 and the Tri i3. Thanks!!